Merry Christmas Brethren...What's Smokin' This Holiday Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Good morning folks...since my Christmas vacation starts today I thought I'd start my traditional weekend thread a little earlier...:becky:

Today...smoked cheeses and pizza on the BGE...
Friday...(Christmas Eve)...Friday Night Steak Night...King Crab Legs & Fillet Mignons...
Saturday...(Christmas Day)...Smoked Spiral Cut Ham, Au-Gratin Potatoes, Steamed Green Beans, Southern Style Pecan Pie...
Sunday...Chicken...
Monday...Beef Back Ribs...

Rhana and I would like to wish you and your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year! :p

I got BBQ Smokers Burnout:mad::sick::mad2:!!!! So I'm going to my next greatest culinary love affair.... Seafood Gumbo it will be this Weekend..With Home Cured & Smoked Ham Chunks, Shrimp, Okra, Snow Crab, Blue Crab, Oysters, Andouille Sausage, Pork Sausages, Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Chicken Breast, and did I mention more Shrimp LOL...But I will indeed resume my Binge UDS use shortly afterwards!!! Do I need an Intervention,
I got issues LOL..Have a Merry Christmas All!!! Peppa

I got BBQ Smokers Burnout:mad::sick::mad2:!!!! So I'm going to my next greatest culinary love affair.... Seafood Gumbo it will be this Weekend..With Home Cured & Smoked Ham Chunks, Shrimp, Okra, Snow Crab, Blue Crab, Oysters, Andouille Sausage, Pork Sausages, Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Chicken Breast, and did I mention more Shrimp LOL...But I will indeed resume my Binge UDS use shortly afterwards!!! Do I need an Intervention,
I got issues LOL..Have a Merry Christmas All!!! Peppa

I'll be right over...:thumb:

Brineing a 20# turkey that i cut in halve. One portion will be a traditional roast in the oven, and the other halve will see the inside of my drum.

To all my bretheren and sisteren.

Merry Christmas

Come on up here deguerre I'll supply the directions Haha!~!
Lessee, drive to Hattiesburg and make a right...:becky:

We've got this in the brine right now. Originally 19 lbs but probably 2 lbs of skin and fat got trimmed off the uncured ham:

Soaking2.jpg

I had planned on trying to do my first cook in my new Backwood's smoker, but saturday's forecast is for a 34 degree high and snow. I ain't putting my beautiful new smoker out in the snow. Looks like the oven for me.

Smoking some cheese at my dad's on Saturday, and time allowing will smoke up a turkey breast at home on Saturday as well, otherwise on Sunday.

Today:11 lb Butt on the ECB as I type. (Gotta build a UDS!!! :roll: )
Tomorrow: Nothing - Eating fresh made Tamales
Christmas Day: Nothing, but will be making Eggs Benedict for Christmas Breakfast with Canadian Bacon smoke a couple weeks ago. And stuffed Boneless Leg o' Lamb, Garlic Mashed 'Taters and Roasted Parmasean Green Beens for Dinner - Happy Birthday to me!!!
Sunday: TBD!!

Temp is holding tight at 230....3 slabs o ribs, a few beef short ribs, rib roast and a beef roast on the offset...wrapping some pheasant w/bacon to toss on shortly.....Kids will be cleaning the garage while I supervise....Life is good!! Merry Christmas to all!

Back