Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Phil
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

its been a busy week, the week of giving.... and like i tell my kids, the gifts we have we can not put under a tree... so this year we said no gifts, and in the Spirit of The BBQ Brethren, we will do what we do best.

COOK.

The highlight today was a team of Brethren getting together and made some Christmas dinners for homeless or at-risk veterans and some breast Cancer Families. We made hams and turkeys, folks made sides, some made desserts, and some bought toys for the kids.. We met up in Amityville, assembled the meals, sorted the toys and handed them off for delivery to Services for The Underserved, an organization that helps out homeless vets. No fanfare, no fireworks.. just make some families have a happier holiday knowing we go their backs today. I must say, its an honor and privilege to have friends like these folks, and many of you.. We have shown it many times, whenever there is a 'call to arms', be it to cook for families, churches, or veterans.. The BBQ Brethren will always step up to the plate.. its truly an honor to be a part of this group.

Traditional family dinner tonight.. Feast of the seven fishes.... (we do 5)... sit around the fire and watch ELF.

and again tomorrow.. round 2.... more cooking.. more food.. more alka seltzer...

gonna need a vacation after these holidays...

Merry Christmas Brethren and happy and healthy holiday!!

Poobah!

Attachments

• 739772_10206826646238259_3123389441164478678_o.jpg
    739772_10206826646238259_3123389441164478678_o.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20151224_211457262[1].jpg
    IMG_20151224_211457262[1].jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 151
Merry Christmas Phil That is such an awesome of generosity that you guys did BTW I would love to have had that 5 fish meal

Great job, guys! The Spirit of the Brethren at work! Merry Christmas, all!! :clap2:

Great job and many thanks for your hard work!

Have a wonderful Christmas weekend.

Phil, it's a great thing you do to help others. Merry Christmas to you and yours. By the way Short Stuff say's hi.

Merry Christmas... To you sir and the rest of the mods.... I appreciate All yall do here... And away from here... This is the best forum in the universe....it is ran professionally... And has a lot of folks with huge hearts... We may tee tee... In each other's Cheerios on occassion... But at the end of the day... We are scrolling thru this place.... Because it is addictive!!!!!!

GOD BLESS YALL!!!!!!!!!.

Back