Merry Christmas Brethren...What's Smokin' This Holiday Weekend?

It's has to be seafood for me on Friday night (The Feast of the Seven Fishes) Tuna Tartare, Clams Oreganata, coconut shrimp, fried calamari, King Crab legs, broiled scallops (wrapped in bacon), and zeppole with an anchiove hidden inside (sounds a little strange, but it's a family tradition and actually quite tasty!).

I'll be going Italian on Saturday too, with antipasto, lasagna, braciole, sausage and meatballs, and of course whatever fish is leftover from the night before.

I finally get to smoke something on Sunday. My sister and BL are coming up, and he made a special request for spare ribs; so it'll be that on the kettle and a turkey on the BGE. For sides we'll do sausage and apple stuffing, pit beans, mashed potatoes, southwestern style corn and coleslaw.

For once, I may be too busy for pictures, so the naysayers may think none of it really happened, but I'll know...

Merry Christmas!

Smoking a couple of butts here tomorrow. I made Meathead Goldwyn's South Carolina mustard sauce and his Kansas City sauce last night. Got a injection concoction on the stove now and will be making Meathead's cole slaw tomorrow. Hope to be eating before Santa gets here tomorrow night!

Just finished up some beef short ribs. Got 6 racks of baby backs on now and am starting a turkey. All for Christmas Day. Brisket on Christmas day for my dad to bring for his coworkers. I think I may prefer smoking in this cold weather for some reason! Prolly throw some prime tenderloin on the grill for dinner tonight.

Making 3 racks of BB, using Simply Marv Apple Rub on the WSM over apple and cherry wood. Will fridge and serve as an appetizer on Christmas Day at my brothers house. First time with this rub, it sure do smell good. No foil, just let em, weep, shut down the vents and finish. Got to follow the Pop Daddie's process. :thumb:

18 pound brisket, 3 turkeys, 12 pounds of pork butt, 2 slabs of beef ribs, 1 ham, 1 slab of pork ribs. Started smoking the brisket Tuesday night and just pulled the last of the ribs off the smoker. I am smoked out

I just picked up a 2 oz. slab of foie gras, along with... wait for it... an 1 1/2" thick Wagyu tomahawk ribeye to split with my wife.... going to grill that and serve it with thinly sliced potatoes that were soaked in cream, baked and refrigerated, then fried in duck fat. Accompanied with a 2005 Margeaux region wine.

Bacon, been curing for 7 days, other than that we be eating at the nieghbors or friends all weekend, nary a dirty dish in site. I just have to bring alcohol, can do!

Merry Christmas to you and Rhana to J.D.! Hope you have a great weekend!

Last Saturday I did ribs...Tuesday I did two butts for work party...as we speak, three butts for family tomorrow. Busy UDS!

7.5 lb 4 bone prime rib tomorrow night, 5lb rack of lamb Saturday and a couple fatties.

Baby Back and Pork Butts tonight. Traditional bird in the oven Sat. (wifes job) Merry Christmas Everyone!

Starting the Christmas day cook a day early, as I have so much to do.
It is my turn this year to cook Christmas lunch for everyone, started some chickens going in the kettles.
Will probably cook the turkey and ribs tomorrow morning, it means an early rise :shocked: but will be worth it.

SL373189_resized.jpg

Doing a full turkey on my UDS for the first time. Wish me luck!

Rib Cap on Christmas day, Ribs on Sunday, Butt on Monday, Brisket on Tuesday. Well... that's the plan anyway.

Tomorrow will be MOINK balls, ABTs, Fatties, Wings, Pastrami appetizers, Shrimp and Ham bites.
Saturday Dr Chicken double smoked ham, scalloped potatoes and cream corn casserole

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Smokin' a 12.5 lb bone in prime rib roast tomorrow crusted with fresh garlic, thyme, fresh ground coriander seeds, dill seeds and S&P for the wife's family Christmas. Christmas, I'm taking off as cook (for a change). Dad's doing a large bef roast (not sure what cut) in the oven. Got 2 fresh apple pies in the oven right now. Making fresh green beans saute'd with shallots & garlic tomorrow and mashed taters to go with the PR.

Hungry already.

MERRY CHRISTMAS BRETHREN!!!!!

Threw a maple fattie on for breakfast in the morning. My MIL (fantastic lady), loves ribs so threw some BB on the UDS and will take to her in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_4041.jpg
    IMG_4041.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 56
Back