Merry Christmas Brethren...What's Smokin' This Holiday Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Good morning folks...since my Christmas vacation starts today I thought I'd start my traditional weekend thread a little earlier...:becky:

Today...smoked cheeses and pizza on the BGE...
Friday...(Christmas Eve)...Friday Night Steak Night...King Crab Legs & Fillet Mignons...
Saturday...(Christmas Day)...Smoked Spiral Cut Ham, Au-Gratin Potatoes, Steamed Green Beans, Southern Style Pecan Pie...
Sunday...Chicken...
Monday...Beef Back Ribs...

Rhana and I would like to wish you and your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year! :p

I got BBQ Smokers Burnout:mad::sick::mad2:!!!! So I'm going to my next greatest culinary love affair.... Seafood Gumbo it will be this Weekend..With Home Cured & Smoked Ham Chunks, Shrimp, Okra, Snow Crab, Blue Crab, Oysters, Andouille Sausage, Pork Sausages, Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Chicken Breast, and did I mention more Shrimp LOL...But I will indeed resume my Binge UDS use shortly afterwards!!! Do I need an Intervention,
I got issues LOL..Have a Merry Christmas All!!! Peppa

I got BBQ Smokers Burnout:mad::sick::mad2:!!!! So I'm going to my next greatest culinary love affair.... Seafood Gumbo it will be this Weekend..With Home Cured & Smoked Ham Chunks, Shrimp, Okra, Snow Crab, Blue Crab, Oysters, Andouille Sausage, Pork Sausages, Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Chicken Breast, and did I mention more Shrimp LOL...But I will indeed resume my Binge UDS use shortly afterwards!!! Do I need an Intervention,
I got issues LOL..Have a Merry Christmas All!!! Peppa

I'll be right over...:thumb:

Brineing a 20# turkey that i cut in halve. One portion will be a traditional roast in the oven, and the other halve will see the inside of my drum.

To all my bretheren and sisteren.

Merry Christmas

Doing a turkey, moink ball appetizers and ribs. All for Christmas dinner.

Come on up here deguerre I'll supply the directions Haha!~!
Lessee, drive to Hattiesburg and make a right...:becky:

We've got this in the brine right now. Originally 19 lbs but probably 2 lbs of skin and fat got trimmed off the uncured ham:

Soaking2.jpg

BeePh tenderl0in McG.!:becky:

Have Phun y'all!

I had planned on trying to do my first cook in my new Backwood's smoker, but saturday's forecast is for a 34 degree high and snow. I ain't putting my beautiful new smoker out in the snow. Looks like the oven for me.

Smoking some cheese at my dad's on Saturday, and time allowing will smoke up a turkey breast at home on Saturday as well, otherwise on Sunday.

Today:11 lb Butt on the ECB as I type. (Gotta build a UDS!!! :roll: )
Tomorrow: Nothing - Eating fresh made Tamales
Christmas Day: Nothing, but will be making Eggs Benedict for Christmas Breakfast with Canadian Bacon smoke a couple weeks ago. And stuffed Boneless Leg o' Lamb, Garlic Mashed 'Taters and Roasted Parmasean Green Beens for Dinner - Happy Birthday to me!!!
Sunday: TBD!!

Temp is holding tight at 230....3 slabs o ribs, a few beef short ribs, rib roast and a beef roast on the offset...wrapping some pheasant w/bacon to toss on shortly.....Kids will be cleaning the garage while I supervise....Life is good!! Merry Christmas to all!

Back