THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
Name or Nickame
Professor Dickweed
Okay.
Its February 15th.

I, um, or rather, Santa, has sprinkled some variation of Southern Flavor on about 45 brothers. Another 15 brothers got So Flav from me in trading post, bashes, etc. Others have tried So Flav for themselves.

So I got a couple things to say.

1. I want to hear how you guys use this stuff. Its one of the first "official" (in this case season salt) of the Brethren. So how do you use it? Josh mention he put his on eggs. But which one: Red? Orange? and do you put it on after, or while cooking.

I want to see a Southern Flavor thread we can be proud of. Then I'll print out the entire thread and send it to the folks at Cahaba Products and let them know the buying power (and the ingenuity) of the Brethren.

2. I want to start buying this stuff by the case when enough brothers want to restock and make it worth my time and money. I am not looking to make a red cent on this. I want to order a case, and charge you cost and shipping. NO MARK UP. The more you order, the more cost effective for all of us it will be. I will look up the costs, but it currently will run you $27 or so for a 3 pack from So Flav direct. I can get a 3 pack for $16.50. So if I can run a few tests to see if I can ship it from here for under $10.50, we will save money.

So brothers, lets here it. How do you use this stuff and secondly, PM me if you want to be in on a group order.

For you brothers that only got Charbroil, I sent you what I had, and what funds allowed. Red label started it all, but the Orange (cajun) and Yellow (garlic) are worth a try. They also have Green (wild game) which some of you hunters might like. They will let me (or anyone for that matter) mix and match a case, so let me know if you are interested.

I will not take any money until you receive the seasoning and can verify postage. A copy of the invoice will be sent with it, so you will see the actual price. This is not a money making scam at all. I only say this for new members. Older members know I am a man of my word and have put a few thousand dollars of POOPIE into this site (so has Phil, so has John, so has etc, etc,) We are all brothers.

SO POST!!!!!!!!!!!

ok... so on eggs I've used both the black and the cajun... good on either fried or scrambled...

I've rubbed entire briskets with the black as well... that's real yummy...

we also like the black in mac-n-cheese... that is damn tasty...

both the black and the red are good for "V8 Bloody Marys" when I dont feel like fishing all the POOPIE out of the spice cabinet to do them "right"

Btw... I only have black and red...

both are good as a burger seasoning, chicken seasoning (I used the black and the red on baked chicken pieces) both are good on beer can chickens, although the red is much better...

I dont think there is anything else... if I can think of something I will post it...

ummm....

did I mention they are good on eggs? cheese omletes...

I've used them to kick up a bowl of blando chili (someone else made)

ummm I like southern flavor...

its good on ice cream... (just seeing if you are still reading)

its good on ribs... its also good for seasoning your beer/vinegar mop for briskets/ribs/general smoked stuff... if you run out of the rub you were using, or werent using a rub and are just mopping...

I use it as the "base" of my dry rub when a black pepper flavor to come through (Red Label). Then I build up the flavors with celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder, etec.

I've used it in beer can chicken -- in the can. I use Cajun flavor on the chicken under the skin.

It's good stuff. Like any salted seasoning it takes practice to not over do it the first few times :D

DFLittle said:
It's good stuff. Like any salted seasoning it takes practice to not over do it the first few times :D

yeah I really farked up my first batch of southern flavor burgers...

yeah I really farked up my first batch of southern flavor burgers...

I think we can "blame" Bill for that :D He praised SF to the highest -- "use it on anything", "really pour it on" :mrgreen: and really encouraged using it!!

I happened to take a smell and taste of it before I used it the first time and backed off a bit. I'm glad Bill sent it out. It is a great seasoned salt!!

POOPIE, I just ordered a mixed 24 pack. I've been giving it to everybody. Had em throw some of the wild game in this time also.

Any time I am doing breakfast for a group, the hash browns always get a good dose of soflav red.

Other than that I love it on chicken BOOBIES on the grill.

Cajun goes outrageous on Scallops and shrimp.

Also put a heavy dose of it on burgers and steaks.

Garlic goes on the ribs with black.

Black and garlic goes great in fresh chicken soup and on salads.

Come to think of it, Black goes on just about everything I cook.

OK, if its mandatory..... :lol:

The brothers have already touched on every way I've used it so far. I like it, its a good basic bottle to grab when what you're cooking or eating is too bland or when you need to fix up another rub mix.

I’m in here,
I’ve used black & garlic as a base for rubs on chicken,
ribs, brisket, & black lace panties, see thru teddies. Wait
that was something else. :oops: Never mind, that stuff is great
on almost everything. :roll:
Southern Flavor rules.
Most of the time!!!! 8)
Will try the cajun soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have used the SouFlav Charbroil (red label) on:

hash browns
mashed potatoes
rice
hamburgers
chicken boobs
mac-n-cheese
green beans
corn on the cob

with great results on all.

So far, no bad flavorings have occurred.

Now, I must qualify this. Given that I have been on moderate dose of prednisone for a long time,
my taste buds require more saltiness to register than do folks without the long term dose of
prednisone. So, when I say it tastes good - it tastes good to me. Everybody else may think it
is too salty. So there.

Plan on using it on other meats after Pit Mod is completed.

I went a little crazy with the red (original) rubbed into some ribs... They were pretty salty but I was able to recover by sweeting up some sauce with corn sugar and pineapple juice, and made the ribs go swimming. It worked pretty good.

I used the orange (cajun) to rub a full turkey - DAMN IT WAS MIGHTY TASTEY!!. I also put some of the orange in a butter injection I made for the bird - MMMMMMMMM. The consistency is pretty good that it will make it through the syringe

Tonight, I am smoking a salmon. Of course I'll put a touch of the yellow (garlic) on it. I usually put a piece of cedar in with the salmon, but tonight I am going to wrap the filet in aluminum foil and pour a little beer (Anheuser World Select) in the base. I'll sprinkle a touch of yellow and a couple butter squares. Also, I am going to grill some portabella caps. I will put some fresh garlic slices, olive oil and a sprinkle of the red on these guys. Also grilling some Anaheim pepers. I will stuff them with montery fire-jack cheese and a sprinkle of the orange.

For the superbowl, I made the best chili ever. I made Texas style with small cubes of top sirloin. The top sirloin was in my Texas skillet for about 1.5 hours. Part of the seasoning was the red. DAMN GOOD!!!

THANKS BILL!!

Baby mod loves the CAJUN!!

Yes! My baby mod loves the cajun SoFlav! I tried to take it from here and she projectile vomited at me... Never come between a baby mod and her SoFlav!!

Added Black to my morning Ceasor breakfast drink, when my Pal (drink inventor) comes over I'm gonna slip some in his. Will post his feedback.

racer_81 said:
Now, I must qualify this. Given that I have been on moderate dose of prednisone for a long time,
my taste buds require more saltiness to register than do folks without the long term dose of
prednisone. So, when I say it tastes good - it tastes good to me. Everybody else may think it
is too salty. So there.

I've been on the prednisone mod for 2 years. Also on a low sodium thing.

So Flav, Tony C's, and sauces are my cheats.

Down to 7.5mg daily. When I was on 30mg, I gained 60#'s in 7 months.

Oh well. Its better than passing kidney stones every 6 months.

Ouch Mod

As a rule most of my seasonings would be lite on the salt--just nver developed a hankering for the stuff BUT those SF seasonings do really kick up the flavor a bunch. The black stuff is great on on yardbird and put the cajun(along with some Hab powder) on my eggs every morn
Good Stuff
and thanks again

Buzz

garlic and cajun as the dry rub for baby backs. charbroil for steaks...along with the garlic. i am almost out of the garlic and cajun. i use the charbroil anytime i would normally use black pepper. ALL of these flavors are AWESOME!! i love them all...count me into the order for 1 cajun, 1 garlic...(if they're coming in soon...remember Bill, i'll be promoting outta' here pretty darn soon...unfortunately, i don't know where we're goin' yet!)

I have only used the red label, but thought it was awesome stuff. Used it on a couple of racks of ribs. The flavor was incredible with those melt in your mouth ribs.

willkat98 said:
racer_81 said:
is too salty. So there.

I've been on the prednisone mod for 2 years. Also on a low sodium thing.

So Flav, Tony C's, and sauces are my cheats.

Down to 7.5mg daily. When I was on 30mg, I gained 60#'s in 7 months.

Oh well. Its better than passing kidney stones every 6 months.

Ouch Mod

Been back on 30mg/day since 12/1. Hope to try to taper (again) soon.

Been on prednisone since 5/2002 due to food poisoning <too much info coming up> that pissed off my plumbing. Been off and on in flare mode of
ulcerative colitis since.

Don't need the peanut mod or the blue pill mod.

:oops:

It's not as painful as kidney stones, but has it's own "feature set".

And, as I told Mary months ago, never trust a fart.

:shock:

Moon Face Mod

Back