Santa Maria Build w/Parrilla Style Grill Deck

That's turning out really nice, although I'd rather see a cable in place of the chains, for smoother operation.

Great job!

That's turning out really nice, although I'd rather see a cable in place of the chains, for smoother operation.

Great job!

I've built mine and about 4 others before this, all with 3/16" or 1/4" SS cable. After looking at several other builds I really wanted to try the chain and just gotta say I'm sold! This is a "twisted link" that lays flat, coils nicely and the operation very smooth. Either will work but after building this I REALLY like the chain better.

Ok Dave, its new pad is ready, next I'll run an outlet out there for the rotisserie.

6F75F132-3361-4889-B9C1-DE0E4B9825FB_zpsch6euuor.jpg

Ok Dave, its new pad is ready, next I'll run an outlet out there for the rotisserie.

6F75F132-3361-4889-B9C1-DE0E4B9825FB_zpsch6euuor.jpg

Nice, it will look right at home next to that Lang. Got it painted Sunday, 3 coats of Rustoleum With the HVLP gun on the outside and sprayed canola oil on the inside & grill grate. It really looks nice if I do say so myself. And I got the shipping notice on the rotisserie kit.

Added the Rotisserie

Just wanted to document the rotisserie mounts. This is a OneGrill 1/2 X 37 inch stainless steel "kit" with their universal mounts and high torque motor. I added the brackets that bolt onto the cooking grate and raise the rotisserie to 7-8 inches above the cooking grate.

2016-07-15%2008.04.17_zpsdkqlw0tt.jpg

2016-07-15%2008.04.28_zpsxzz8tyag.jpg

2016-07-15%2008.04.36_zpsotjdbhpf.jpg

2016-07-15%2008.04.46_zpsiwdxi1c3.jpg

2016-07-15%2008.04.56_zpskqzzlslv.jpg

TropicDad drove over this morning and picked it up; hope we will see it in action soon. Thanks for checking in.

Dave that's the motor to have...got mine and LOVE it. Most don't spin heavy stuff but now I'm spinning well over what the little 20-25 lb motors can handle. Also handles unbalanced loads with ease.

Fantastic job on the build!!!

Very cool. Awesome fabrication skills man. Love the rotisserie option. I have not seen that on Santa Maria style cookers before. It makes perfect sense now that I have. I gotta get one of those!

That is outstanding Dave.

I have been considering adding a rotisserie to my santa maria but never considered mounting to the grate. I was thinking to mount to the vertical supports some how, thanks for this idea.

Back