Issue with Memphis Pro Pellet Grill

IA_Smoke

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
IA_Smoke
I've had this Memphis built-in for a few years and love it for smoking. It's also great for grilling for 2-4 people. However, every single time I try to grill a bunch of burgers, steaks, chops, or brats it ends with a grease fire and burned meat. This happens even when I thoroughly clean the grill prior to use. Memphis customer service suggested grilling at 350 degrees but that doesn't change the results. How can I prevent this? Am I missing something simple?
If I can't solve this issue I'm contemplating getting rid of my 30" Blaze flat top and installing a charcoal/gas hybrid grill in is place since we hardly ever use the flat top.

Thank you for the add. I've lurked for a long time and finally decided to join.

I have not used a Memphis smoker myself, but I know a BBQ comp guy that was using one for chicken for a year or so as he was given one for free to use and to promote it. I think he was saying it was a $5,000 pellet grill.

Needless to say, he had many issues with grease fires (even primarily cooking chicken) and decided to get rid of it.

Without knowing any details, I am guessing there is some sort of issue with grease management on those and I would never get one myself to use personally.

If I were you, I would keep bothering the manufacturer to see if you can get them to help you with your issue but you might need to end up getting something else unfortunately.

Back