Who likes Chick Fil A?

Hambone66

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Mike
I call it TURK- FIL-CHICKEY-LA ….Brand new recipe I am trying tonight. Didn’t read it anywhere but thought about it yesterday.

The brine recipe is on one of the pictures below. FYI… there is a difference between dry measuring cups and liquid. Use the individual metal for dry and the glass Pyrex type fr liquid. Don’t believe there is a difference? Measure out a cup of something in the individual metal measuring cup and pour it into a Pyrex glass measuring cup. . It’s not equal, it will be less than the cup line on the glass.

I marinated a turkey breast overnight in this Chick Fil A Baptism Brine. This Chick Fil A brine is as close as you will ever get to the real deal. Very easy and inexpensive. I have not included the recipe for the breading because I’m not frying this. However, I bet it would be good!.

Soaked the Turkey breast overnight in the Baptism Brine

Rinsed and patted dry

Seasoned with KosmoQ. Killer Honey Bee and Dirty Bird

Used the TRAEGER Turkey pellets but did not use their brine.

250 degrees TRAEGER temp

Pellet Tube about 30% full with the Turkey pellets

Total cook time about 5 hours… I don’t cook to time but I keep track of it.

Pulled at an internal temperature of 163 to allow it to rise to 165 when tented with foil and resting

Absolutely delicious. Maybe try a sweeter rub with less salt if you are sensitive. About the first 1/4 -1/2 inch is where you will taste any noticeable salinity but it’s delicious. Deeper than that and it is a juicy and delicious turkey breast with no noticeable salinity. It has a mild smoky flavor with no lingering aftertaste which is what I like on turkey. In my experience, Turkey has a really small window of going from good to gross.

IMO The Chick Fil A brine is fantastic on turkey. It’s subtle, delicious and different.

I have no idea how to attach a picture so here is the brine recipe

Chick Fil A Baptism BRINE

1/4 Cup plus 2 teaspoons of Morton’s or Dixie Crystals Kosher Salt

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar

1 Tablespoon of MSG sold as Accent in grocery stores. Yes Chick Fil A uses MSG. It’s listed on their ingredients

2 Teaspoons of Paprika

1/4 Teaspoons of coarse ground black pepper

1 Teaspoon of Ground Mustard Powder

ADD 1 Litre of water

Soak for 6-8 hours

Last edited:
Nope hate it. Worst chicken sandwich i ever had since McDonalds McChicken sandwich. I dont know who though a fried chicken sandwich would be better with a pickle then lettuce, tomato, and mayo. But they would be fired if i was in charge.

Thanks for the brine recipe.

I've only eaten there a few time because of the crowds and long lines.

Nope hate it. Worst chicken sandwich i ever had since McDonalds McChicken sandwich. I dont know who though a fried chicken sandwich would be better with a pickle then lettuce, tomato, and mayo. But they would be fired if i was in charge.

You can actually order it that way. It’s called a Deluxe. It’s on their menu

Mod Note:

Political posts and posts attacking other members are not allowed and have been removed! If you feel the need to discuss politics take it to the News and Politics sub forum!

Mod Note:

Political posts and posts attacking other members are not allowed and have been removed! If you feel the need to discuss politics take it to the News and Politics sub forum!

Tell that to the member that posted it first. I simply posted a recipe and he brought politics into it. If you post it then expect a reply. He has been here since 2011 so maybe the rules need to be re explained to the old timers that have failing memories. I came here to escape politics and one of the first posts is a political response to a recipe I posted. My first post. You brag about the wide swath of BBQ’ers so I was pretty excited to get on here only to find that certain people can’t leave it alone. It’s the same as every other forum. I absolutely went nuclear and feel good about it. I won’t let someone **** on my thread so I did my own moderation. Also, I never attacked him…. I listed a bunch of topics we could openly debate on a different forum.

Last edited:
I like pickles. And on my PB (peanut butter, Bob) and cheese sandwich.

Thanks for the Chick fil a recipe, Mike. There are some here that will use it.

Hit the cattle call and introduce yourself too.

Tell that to the member that posted it first. I simply posted a recipe and he brought politics into it. If you post it then expect a reply. He has been here since 2011 so maybe the rules need to be re explained to the old timers that have failing memories. I came here to escape politics and one of the first posts is a political response to a recipe I posted. My first post. You brag about the wide swath of BBQ’ers so I was pretty excited to get on here only to find that certain people can’t leave it alone. It’s the same as every other forum. I absolutely went nuclear and feel good about it. I won’t let someone **** on my thread so I did my own moderation. Also, I never attacked him…. I listed a bunch of topics we could openly debate on a different forum.

Are you serious? Just walk away and don't respond. By responding and escalating the bickering, politics, etc you are just as guilty.

BTW, you may want to read this. In particular the parts about a moderator's decision being final, and the part about not challenging a moderator in public. Our rules apply to everyone regardless of tenure on the forum, and when you joined you agreed to follow them

Thanks for the brine recipe. Would love to see the breading recipe too. We only have 2 or 3 chick-fil-a's in the area and the lines are usually so long I don't bother, plus the closest one is 45 minutes away. They do have a mobile food truck that comes to my little town about every 3 weeks. The line there can be pretty big too unless you hit it just right. Unfortunately the truck has a limited menu of just regular or spicy chicken sandwiches or nuggets. I do like a spicy chicken if the line isn't too bad.

Popeyes is one I would like to try in the future

ask for it with light mayo, if you dont they smother it with mayo

the patty is good (much like you'd expect from popeyes), the brioche bun is nice but I feel it's a bit to dense, I kinda prefer the lighter white bread bun like wendy's/chik-fil-a myself.

it's a good chicken sammich, but there's room to improve IMHO

I ate there a few times before the crazy lines formed. The food is good for fast food, but I really don’t know why people are willing to wait in ridiculously long lines to eat there.

Glad your new turkey recipie was a hit!

You can actually order it that way. It’s called a Deluxe. It’s on their menu

I was fooled by the internet that told me how great a plain @ss breaded piece of chicken was on a buttered bun with a pickle. I fell for it, and was so disapointed i never went back. To be honest, I need to revisit this place because i just noticed they sell a grilled chicken deluxe. My favorite sandwich from McDonalds and Burger King was their grilled chicken sandwiches which they removed from their menu years ago for some reason.

I prefer the Popeye's chicken sammich over Chick Fil A.

I agree, their plain @ss breaded chicken on a brioche bun with a pickle was better then Chick fil a , but still doesn't compare to a chciken sandwich with lettuce tomato and mayo.

Chick-fil-a was first and it was created by a total fluke (salesman had to get rid of a lot of chicken breasts allowing Cathy to buy them on the cheap) but their sandwiches have been surpassed by many (Popeyes, KFC, etc.)

Back