THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love people's choice but MIM does need a little guidance to help it along. 2 Sauced 2 Pork, you can remember the issues we had last year with the delivery mechanism of the butts. That issue and the fact that meat was held in a pan directly over a Sterno with out the benefit of a pan of water I am sure led to the demise of many an entrants pulled, chopped or shredded pork. All in all, I am with you, safety first! But they need to make this happen for attendees and contestants alike. I hope they do.

I love people's choice but MIM does need a little guidance to help it along. 2 Sauced 2 Pork, you can remember the issues we had last year with the delivery mechanism of the butts. That issue and the fact that meat was held in a pan directly over a Sterno with out the benefit of a pan of water I am sure led to the demise of many an entrants pulled, chopped or shredded pork. All in all, I am with you, safety first! But they need to make this happen for attendees and contestants alike. I hope they do.

Oh I agree that it has flaws...but to not have a replacement could be very bad for the contest.

Oh I agree that it has flaws...but to not have a replacement could be very bad for the contest.

So my friend the diplomat, is there a way we can get involved on a active nature? Do you think we can petition MIM or find another way to get them to realize how much we desire the event and how much the public truly enjoys it?

Application in and...

We now have Cooks in charge of each category

Head cooks of each Category-
Ribs –
Neil Gallagher – Pitmaster – Too Sauced To Pork BBQ Team – MBN/KCBS/NEBS/MIM, New York & Tennessee

Poultry –
Paul Carter, Texas

Beef –
Shane Greer – Pitmaster – Smokey Bottom Boys BBQ – KCBS/MBN, Tennessee

Seafood –
Dave Mundis – Pitmaster – Bonedaddy’s BBQ – KCBS/NEBS, New Hampshire
Frank Sanjeski – Pitmaster – Bonedaddy’s BBQ – KCBS/NEBS, New Hampshire

Exotic –
Brad Kennedy – Chef at Tracks Restaurant, Memphis TN

Hot Wings –
Danny Zellers – Team Captain – Pirates of Capsacin Hot Wing Team, Tennessee

Mustard Sauce –
Marc Leone – Pitmaster – Life of Brine BBQ KCBS/MBN/FBA, Georgia

Vinegar Sauce –
Frank Sanjeski – Pitmaster – Bonedaddy’s BBQ – KCBS/NEBS, New Hampshire
Dave Mundis – Pitmaster – Bonedaddy’s BBQ – KCBS/NEBS, New Hampshire

Tomato Sauce –
Too Sauced To Pork Team Sauce, Tennessee

People’s Choice –
Eddie Medlin – Pitmaster – North South Smokers – NCBA/KCBS, North Carolina
Robyn Medlin Lindars – “Grill Grrrl” Food Writer/Blogger for Kingsford Charcoal and Grilling.com, BBQ instructor, FBA Judge, Florida

If you are interested in joining the team, and assisting one of the cooks on a particular category, drop us a line and we will put you in touch with them.

And we still could always use cooks to help Marc and Neil prepare lunches and dinners, and of course people to hang out, learn new tricks from, and talk bbq with all week.

I'll be down cooking with the Bastey Boys again this year. Gonna have to party with you guys some more. I didn't even find you all until after awards last year. Continued Success at MIM. See you down there.

Alan

I'll be down cooking with the Bastey Boys again this year. Gonna have to party with you guys some more. I didn't even find you all until after awards last year. Continued Success at MIM. See you down there.

Alan

Defintitely come to the Brethren Party...which will be (drum roll please)

Thursday at 4pm in the Too Sauced To Pork Tent

Of course Brethren are welcome to come chat with us at any time during the contest...

That being said...
All you brethren that are on teams at Memphis in May

Would you like to participate in a Brethren pass? We create a card to be worn around the neck that will allow members of the BBQ Brethren entrance into our tents for one day or certain times of the contest? I will create it and on the back, list the teams that are friendly to BBQ Brethren members...

MIM TEAMS -

Drop me a line if you are interested in participating

*note*
This will not be abused...We all know it takes alot to do this contest, and if you are abusing the pass, you can (and probably will) be kicked out of a tent, well at least flamed mercilessly online for all to see. i.e don't make yourself unwelcome: wash some dishes, tip your bartenders, donate to the beer fund...etc. If we get this thing in place, I know no Brethren will be a Delta Bravo. Please don't prove me wrong. I will post this perk if or when all the participating teams agree on terms.

Slab yo Mama BBQ is in yet again this year. Going 24x50 Riverfront I believe.

Rooms booked at Crowne Plaza. Can't wait....

Looks like the workshop is a go. Expect about 20 or so physics geeks to be walking aimlessly around the grounds on Thursday and Friday evenings, not having a clue what's going on. If you see a small group of nerds saying things like, "Satisfy the boundary conditions,... then we solve for the T-matrix, or ... using the discrete dipole approximation...," toss them some burnt ends and point them back to the Crowne Plaza. Thanks! :thumb:

Alan

Alan...you should be careful at the party as you & Billy will have lots of media obligations you world champion!!!!!!!

So what kinda things have won the exotic category in the past?

I've seen Lamb, Ostrich, Buffalo, Bear, Rabbit, Goat, and Alligator all win

Every other year or so Lamb wins

I've seen people cook with Lion, Eland, Rattlesnake, Frog, Kangaroo, Raccoon, Reindeer, and Wild Boar...the list goes on and on...

Looks like the workshop is a go. Expect about 20 or so physics geeks to be walking aimlessly around the grounds on Thursday and Friday evenings, not having a clue what's going on. If you see a small group of nerds saying things like, "Satisfy the boundary conditions,... then we solve for the T-matrix, or ... using the discrete dipole approximation...," toss them some burnt ends and point them back to the Crowne Plaza. Thanks! :thumb:

Invite them over to build us a Large Hogron Collider...smashing competition meats into one another to discover the secrets of Dark Meater, which makes up 83% of Grand Champion awards.:mrgreen:

I've seen Lamb, Ostrich, Buffalo, Bear, Rabbit, Goat, and Alligator all win

Every other year or so Lamb wins

I've seen people cook with Lion, Eland, Rattlesnake, Frog, Kangaroo, Raccoon, Reindeer, and Wild Boar...the list goes on and on...

Ok that's not quite as exotic as I had in my head. I was thinking Uni or some type of offal. :)

Slab yo Mama BBQ is in yet again this year. Going 24x50 Riverfront I believe.

Rooms booked at Crowne Plaza. Can't wait....

Matt: I saw your two story trailer parked across the street from my wife's school. I thought you were keeping it at the furniture factory.
Thanks
Mike G

Can't wait for MiM. Already have my vacation time scheduled. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

I'll be back again with the Norwegian National BBQ Team - really looking forward to it as always. Will be good to see everyone again and getting some cooking on!! Woo hoo!!!!

Back