THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus
Premium

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tim
Bought mine in Dec and it is the only outdoor cooking appliance I own.
In short, I love it!

For those of you not familiar with it, it is basically an electric grill/smoker that has an independent smoke generator.
When activated, it produces 45 min (or so) of dense smoke from a 1/2 cup of pellets. You can add pellets periodically if you desire, but you can over smoke if not careful. I cook ribs in about 2-2.5 hours and only refill the pellets once.

Ninja makes two models, the original 700 and the Pro Connect which is 30 % larger, has 2 meat probes, and WIFI.
There are countless YouTube videos. Two of my favorite for product information are:
and

I won't bore you with stats because they are all on the web site and videos.
But I have never owned any single cooker with such a range of capabilities from cold smoking to blazing hot grill action.

I am in a wheelchair and this is my setup. Mrs KAPN simply removes the cover, spins it out 90deg from the wall, plugs it in, uncovers a couple of the bins, and I am ready to cook :)
IMG_0110.jpg

I have cooked a variety of things.

Brussel Sprouts with the Air Fryer Mode:

IMG_0111.jpg

A boneless Boston Butt
IMG_0112.jpg

A Prime Rib

IMG_0114.jpg

Prime Rib Steaks:

IMG_0119.jpg

And finally some thighs:

IMG_0124.jpg

You may have noticed an aluminum tray and a small grill grate.
The disposable pan makes cleanup a breeze and the Grill Grate (bought as a Factory Second directly from Grill Grates) gives the grill marks folks want.

Nothing is perfect, even my Ninja :(
1. It is expensive for it's capacity, not for it's capabilities.
2. I Is relatively small, but does cook plenty for 2-4 people. We cook 2 slabs of ribs, eat one meal, and freeze the rest. Works great.
3. No "natural" smoke ring. The heat is electric, so you have to create an artificial one if it is important to you.
4. The Ninja cooks VERY fast. I have cut my temps and/or time by 1/3 to 1/2.
5. There is a learning curve--it just cooks different than anything I have owned or cooked on. Takes awhile to learn it's "quirks".

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for bearing with me.
TIM

I bought the pro model before the XL was introduced. I would dearly love to have the extra space, as I can't fit a 9X13 pan under the cover.

I just bought the XL a couple weeks ago, and have only made chicken legs, and smoked some eggs for develed eggs. The legs turned out amazing, very moist with crispy skin, nice smoke flavor. I’m really impressed with the quality and construction, and there is really not much you can’t cook or smoke with it. I purchase it primarily for up at the camper to prepare meal outdoors.

Attachments

• IMG_1754.jpeg
    IMG_1754.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 3
Back