THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll be down cooking with the Bastey Boys again this year. Gonna have to party with you guys some more. I didn't even find you all until after awards last year. Continued Success at MIM. See you down there.

Alan

Alan,

Dave and I will be there again...gotta have a strong New England presence.

Frank

I went down to the MIM office yesterday and gave them our application. Remember today is the deadline to enter

i look forward in cooking the shoulder division man my first timein MIM with my team it should be FUN!

Matt: I saw your two story trailer parked across the street from my wife's school. I thought you were keeping it at the furniture factory.
Thanks
Mike G

It's stashed on a back road down off Goodman Road (302) in Mississippi actually. Where is your wife's school? Are you sure it was ours? It's been stashed for quite a few months back there.

Our Tucker is locked in my side yard. Going to be firing up the WSM this sunday actually.

Matt. My wife school is across the street from your trailer on that side road off Goodman. I am sure it is your trailer. I have spilled too many beers on it not to recognize it. I have been keeping an eye on it for you.
Thanks
Mike G

Very interested! What are the exact dates and what catagories may be available?

Memphis in May is May 17-19. I'll PM you with contact details for Neil. He can give you details on any open categories.

Matt. My wife school is across the street from your trailer on that side road off Goodman. I am sure it is your trailer. I have spilled too many beers on it not to recognize it. I have been keeping an eye on it for you.
Thanks
Mike G

Excellent! :) We appreciate it! :thumb:

Anyone know what the prize money is for people's choice? I can't find anything on the mim website.

Anyone know what the prize money is for people's choice? I can't find anything on the mim website.

What I have been told:

Peoples Choice is currently up in the air. Memphis in May is currently re-evaluating the rules and procedures. They will be announcing the new People's Choice Contest guidelines sometime after the acceptance letters go out but before the cooks meeting.

Last Year's payouts

First Place $2,500
Second Place $1,250
Third Place $1,000

Flight booked, hotel booked, car booked, ingrediants submitted to marc

I guess I am ready to go, any chance we can move the event up to next weekend so I don't have to wait any longer?

Well, I regret that contrary to my previous post a few months ago, my team was unable to get our $@#T together this year to compete unfortunately, but I WILL be there enjoying the festivities! Have never hung out with any of the guys I talk to on here, would love to meet some of ya who will be there. Yall let me know if you would like to enjoy a nice adult beverage some time that week!

Well, I regret that contrary to my previous post a few months ago, my team was unable to get our $@#T together this year to compete unfortunately, but I WILL be there enjoying the festivities! Have never hung out with any of the guys I talk to on here, would love to meet some of ya who will be there. Yall let me know if you would like to enjoy a nice adult beverage some time that week!

Defintitely come to the Brethren Party...

Thursday at 4pm in the Too Sauced To Pork Tent

Of course Brethren are welcome to come chat with us at any time during the contest...

If you are wanting to join a team for the contest both Moe of Ponderosa BBQ and us (Too Sauced To Pork) offered the Brethren a chance to join our teams for the contest :becky:

Back