THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:clap2:We just got the confirmation email about Memphis in May. We are officially in! :clap2:

Same! Very excited we got our 24x40 and SHOULD be on the River...we'll see once the kit comes out.

One new addition to the Slab Yo Mama team this year is Neil McClure of McClure's BBQ down in New Orleans, LA as Assistant Pitmaster. Neil will be bringing a ton to the table this year. He's the former GM of Dante's Kitchen (My favorite restaurant in the USA) and has a lot of background in cajun/creole style cooking as well as BBQ.

Gambit article >

He left the GM gig to lay out a shingle with his own brand of BBQ. Every morning he is up at 2am firing up his Lang 60, throwing the meat on. Guy cuts ZERO corners. All sauces are scratch made. His "Pork and Pork and Beans" are cooked from scratch on site. He even fresh shreds his own cheese for his soon-to-be-famous "4 Cheese & Macaroni". Point is, he's one of the few people that will be able to keep up with our Pitmaster, Courtney. Guy brings BBQ chops, plus a certain Creole skillset that will be helping us with some ancillaries this year. :icon_shy

I'm already champing at the bit over here...ready to get this ball rolling!

By the way..

WE WILL BUY ANY EXTRA 24HR WRISTBANDS OR WED PASSES!

Please contact me if anyone has any extras!

Got our official confirmation, we be in whole hog row on the river... Whoo Hooo

Mike
Black Pig BBQ

Neil, remind your team that my girls are still under 21...

Blake, they all miss you and can't wait to see you... virgin margaritas still please

Got our official confirmation, we be in whole hog row on the river... Whoo Hooo

Mike
Black Pig BBQ

Neil, remind your team that my girls are still under 21...

Blake, they all miss you and can't wait to see you... virgin margaritas still please

HAHA!!! will do...they will get NO booze in our tent, we have bartenders this year and they will check ID :becky:

Team List For Memphis in May 2012

10 Bones BBQ | 4 Pork Harmony | Adribbers | Airpork Pilots | All Star Ten-Pin Porkers | Annesdale Pork | Aporkalypse Now | ASAP | Auto Be Grillin | Baby Back Grillers | Allstars Bad Bob's BBQ | Bad Pig BBQ | The Barbecue Experiment | Barbecue Joe | Barbeque Republic | Bare Bones | The Bastey Boys | BBQ Beach | BBQ Team | Beckerle Championship Cookers | The Beef N' the Chicken | The Best Little Boarhouse | Big Al and the Buttrubbers | Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q | Big Bubba's Bar-B-Q-N Crew | Big River | Black Jack Barbecue | Black Pig BBQ | B oar House Smokers | Boardello's | Boars Night Out | Boars R Us | Born in the Que-S-A | Boss Pit | Brazin' Assets | Brown Chicken Brown Cow | Brown Man Kitchen | Bryce Boar Blazers | Buckeye BBQ Team | Bulab Barbecuers | Bush Hogs | Bushwood Country Club | Butchers Selection at ASDA | Cadillac Grillz | Camo Cookers | Can-Do BBQ Team | Carolina Travler | Castle Cookers | Central Smokers | Chatham Artillery BBQ | Chauvinist Pig | Cherry Red Roasters | Chillin'-N-Grillin' | The Chi-Town Cookers | City Hogs | Contempt of Pork/Nailing Down the Pork | Cool Smoke | Cotton Pickin Porkers | The Count Bastie Porkestra | Crispy Critters | Crosstown Neighborhood BBQ | Curly Tail Smokers | Danish National BBQ Team | Deeez Butts | Delta Bones | Diamond D Cooking Team | Dirty Hogs | Doc's Painless Pulled Pork | Don't Burn the Pig | Emily's Tennessee Prime | Fabulous Faultliners | Famous Dave's | The Fat Back Collective | Fat Side Up | Field of Pigs | Fire House 5 | Fireman John's BBQ | The Flying Pigs | Fossil Fueled Porkers | Getting Piggy With It | Give the Devil His Que | Gnarly Wine & Swine | The Good, The Bad & The Swine | The Grand Masters Cooking Disasters | Greasland Porkers | Grillin-N-Squillin Smokers | Gwatney Championship BBQ Team | Half Porked | Hall Pass BBQ | Here for the Beer | High Life On The Hog | Hog Express | Hog Heaven | Hog Nebula | Hog Wild Competition Team | The Hogfather | Hoggystyle | Hogs & Kisses | Hogweiser | In Porcus Veritas | International Team | I-Pork | Jacks Old South | JRG Cooking | Kill'em & Grill'em Que | Killer Hogs | Knob Creek Smokers | Lazy Pig Smokers | Lille's Q | Lip Smackin' Que | Lord of the Swine | Love Meat Tender | LVOB | MacDaddy Meat | Mac's Smoke Shop | Magically Piglicious | The Master Basters | Meat & Cider Cook N Team | Meat Makers | Meat Mitch | Meat, Drink and Be Merry | Mid-South Mayham | Modern Porkfolio Theory | The Moody Ques | Moonlight Smokers | Natural Born Grillers | Nortorious P.I.G. | The Norwegian National Barbecue Team | The Not Ready for Swine Time Porkers | NUVA Swine and Spine | Oinking on the River | Olde Smokers Fine Swine | On Asswinement | Optimus Swine | The Other Team | Pages Pig Pen | Paradise Porkers | Parrothead Porkers of Hogaritaville | Peg Leg Porkers | People Eating Tasty Animals | People's Republic of Swina | Performance Smokers | Peyton Place Motley Que | P-Funk & The Fatback All-Stars | Philips International Grilling Sensations (P.I.G.S.) | Pig Cookers of America | Pig Diamonds | Pig Nation | Pig Pandemonium | Pig Stars | Pig-A-Licious | Pigs Gone Wild | Pigs in Gin | Pigs in Space | Pigs O War | The Pit and The Pigulum II | Planet Barbeque | Poker Porkers | Pork & Bean Counters | Pork Fiction | Pork Me Baby | Pork Me Tender | Pork O Saurus | Pork Que | The Pork University | Porkstars | Pot Bellie Cookers | Prime Time BBQ | Pure Pleasure Porkers | Quality Fine Swine | Que-T-Licious | Q-Wiggly | Rack Pack | Rebel Roaster Revue | Red Dawg Porkers | Red Hot Smokers | Redneck Bar-B-Q Express | Refined Swine | Rescue Smokers | Reservior Hogs | Ribdiculous | Bar-B-Krewe | Riberty | Ribmasters | Rickety Rack | Right on Q | Sanders Smoke N Que | Serial Grillers | Sharp Smokers | The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint | Ship Racked | Shoats & Skins | Sicilian Smokers | Silky O' Sullivan's | Simple Q | Slab Techs | Slab Yo' Mama BBQ | Slabs a' Smokin | Slapjo Mama BBQ Hog Cooking Team | Sloppy Chops | Smell My Butt BBQ | Smoke Masters | Smoke'em If You Got'em | Smokers Anonymous | Smokin' On The River | Smokin Spiders | Smokin' With an Attitude | Smok-in-Razor Backs | Snout Kast | South Carolina Swiners | South Pork | Southaven Meathogs | Southern Porklore | Sow Luau | Squeal Street BBQ | SSG Ribbers | Suspicious Rinds | Sweet Swine O'Mine | Swig N' Swines | Swiggin n Piggin | Swine & Dine | The Swinery | The Swinos | Sysco's Cajun Cookers Too | Tangled Up In Que | Team F.U.B.A.R.-Becue | Three Alarm Smokers | Tombstone Cookers | Too Sauced to Pork | Totally Boar'd | Tower Rock | Transporkers | Tucker Cooker | Twyford BBQ & Catering | Ubons | Victory Lane BBQ | Voo Doo Q | Where My Boars At? | Whole Hog Café | Wild Boar Smokers | Will-Be-Que BBq Team | Willingham's River City Rooters | World Famous Larry Williams/Spiderpigs | Yazoo's Delta Q | Yeah-I-Do Cook'N Crew

Hey guys, I finally decided to start using my Brethren account (usually I just lurk).

I cannot wait for this year's competition. It like waiting for Christmas as a child...almost there, yet so far away.

Less than 55 days away!

Hey guys, I finally decided to start using my Brethren account (usually I just lurk).

I cannot wait for this year's competition. It like waiting for Christmas as a child...almost there, yet so far away.

Less than 55 days away!

DANNY!!! Welcome to the Brethren brother...

Slab Yo Mama BBQ : We just lined up a deal with Red Bull for this year. We'll be moving up... adding a 2nd level of scaffolding to our setup this year to facilitate a catering dinner for the reps they're flying in. we'll have a 14x40 double decker scaffolding up against our usual 40ft double decker trailer. Should be a pretty fun setup! The arrangement opens up a few new opportunities for us entertainment wise.

Unfortunately any financial gain was offset when we got word that we need to add a second dually axle to the trailer and get a new round of tires. $3-4k later... :)

Looks like Neil McClure will be bringing up his Lang 84 Deluxe model for us to cook on this year to afford us added capacity over our usual Tucker setup. Plus with the warmer/cold-smoker and the chargrill it should offer more flexibility as well.

Counting down the days...

Slab Yo Mama BBQ : We just lined up a deal with Red Bull for this year. We'll be moving up... adding a 2nd level of scaffolding to our setup this year to facilitate a catering dinner for the reps they're flying in. we'll have a 14x40 double decker scaffolding up against our usual 40ft double decker trailer. Should be a pretty fun setup! The arrangement opens up a few new opportunities for us entertainment wise.

Unfortunately any financial gain was offset when we got word that we need to add a second dually axle to the trailer and get a new round of tires. $3-4k later... :)

Looks like Neil McClure will be bringing up his Lang 84 Deluxe model for us to cook on this year to afford us added capacity over our usual Tucker setup. Plus with the warmer/cold-smoker and the chargrill it should offer more flexibility as well.

Counting down the days...

Nice...

Can't wait to see the setup

I MIGHT make this years, but will definitely be just looking on. We're planning a trip to Memphis, and I'm pushing that it needs to be that weekend.

I would like to meet some of you as well stop by Redneck BBQ Express and ask for Steno Head Pitmaster and we will have a nice cool beverage.

I would like to meet some of you as well stop by Redneck BBQ Express and ask for Steno Head Pitmaster and we will have a nice cool beverage.

Looking forward to meeting you. I bet you have some great stories after 35 years of MIM; assuming you are part of the orginal Redneck BBQ Express that started out in 1977 :-D

UPDATE:

(QUE horrible Unsolved Mysteries Music)

2nd team packet just came in with all the order forms...no map yet

As soon as they get us a map I will mark all brethren teams, pdf it, and post it.

We still have 6 membership spots left on team Too Sauced To Pork if anyone is interested. Talk to everyone soon!:becky:

Neil

Back