THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike,

This was my second time using "The Big Easy" and I was completely taken by surprise this year. A 15 pound Turkey was done in an hour and a half. I had to double check it with my Thermapen.

BTW how did the 4" pan work out for the drippings? I used the 1/3 size pan with the 1/3 size foil pan inside. Worked great for me...

Our 8lb breast in the turkey toaster!

11219705_912753988819139_7168772299252665934_n.jpg

later,
Doug

Mike,

This was my second time using "The Big Easy" and I was completely taken by surprise this year. A 15 pound Turkey was done in an hour and a half. I had to double check it with my Thermapen.

BTW how did the 4" pan work out for the drippings? I used the 1/3 size pan with the 1/3 size foil pan inside. Worked great for me...

I used the pan you spec'ed to replace the whole drawer. Worked perfectly. Thank for the heads up. I've had birds like that too. Don't know how some cook faster than others.

Mike,

Wow thats fast.

I did a 12 lbs bird and it took almost 2.5 hrs.

The cajun injection tasted great btw

Continue to be impressed by this thing. Smoked 4 on the Shirley and 1 in the BE. I prefer the skin/breast out of the BE but I'll cut you for that dark meat out of the shirley.

I use Mr. Muscle spray., wait 15 min then hose it off. Weed burner might warp it.
If your restaurant supply store doesn't carry it, Amazon does. Get the 6 pack, it's cheaper.

But whatever you do, do like Clinton: DO NOT INHALE

I could have swore the instructions say not to clean the stainless steel insert that makes the cooker work. Says to let it get seasoned and it'll cook better. So I've never actually "cleaned" mine. I let it run after the turkey is done and out of the cooker for about 20 min. Then let it cool and wipe out and residue.

You guys are making me wonder if I should clean it.....Mike whatever you wife does sure does work well. Yours looks brand new! :thumb:

Back