THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love 'em all kinds of ways. Maybe it's my north Jersey roots, but simple is always best - Simple roll, just a condiment or two, and that "snap" of a dog, like Sabrett's or original Nathan's. It's a friggin hot dog after all. Pass me a couple, and a bottle of beer, and turn up the baseball game.

Agree! :)

Spiral dogs? Howz about a diamond shaped dog?
Ed
I've done this kind of work on chubs of bologna... and holiday hams I fancy up for friends.
t5Nrhfa.jpg

0ty1Eb2.jpg

So I'll go way out on a limb and guess nobody simmers in BBQ sauce, despite how you artistically carve them.

So I'll go way out on a limb and guess nobody simmers in BBQ sauce, despite how you artistically carve them.
A friend gave me a method for kielbasa a few years ago. I think it involved cooking in tomato sauce. I'll ask him. There is also a technique for cooking a lot of burgers where you add the cooked burgers to a hot pan of beer to keep them from drying out and keep them warm. That's pretty good!

And.. because of this thread and the craving, I added a nicely golden charred vienna dog to my lunch yesterday. It was delicious!

Back