THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to sit and plan what were doing.. Yakfish... is Joey available to meet with us?

The plan is>

200+ meals.

Dinner Saturday...

Pulled pork sammys and a quarter chicken and choice of 3 sides for dinner and a beverage.

Bacon, eggs, sausage, juice for breakfast Sunday morning.

24 butts, We will cook most of the butts at Willies, foil and cool them, then re-heat, pull and season onsite.

We will cook the chicken on site, the folks DO need a show of some type and something to entice them. Im looking into a case of fatties to.

I am bringing Moab, BYC is bringing large marge, I think we will have the local spiceboxes also. We will possibly need a few grills too, maybe we can get a Big John donated for the day.

We cannot make it a buffet or serve yourself. Portion control is key here. So we will need a lot of hands prepping the pork, making the sammys and cooking the chicken. 200+ chicken quarters is gonna take time to flip and prep without ruining.

Plowboy?? Offer still stand for some rubs.??

Just some food for thought.. We MUST start planning next week. I'm up for place we can sit for a few hours and talk.

How about Andoullie sausages for breakfast. The ones from RD that Willie donated at Dr. BBQ were terrific.

If you want fatties, I will be glad to make a bunch if there is budget for sausage and cheese.

Should I bring my WSMs or do we have enough smoker space?

How about asking Taylor Rental for a grill donation in exchange for signage or promotion?

Wherever we meet, it needs to be condusive to conversation - quiet, not a party place.

Again, I'm happy to help out in any way needed. I'm also available to get together to discuss logistics any day as long as it is late afternoon or evening.

I'd also be happy to lend a hand the day before if anyone is going to be making salads or other side dishes.

Thanks for the update!

Eric

Phil--

FWIW Marge has a 4 foot grill on the nose that has the sandwich/spinning cooking grate and we can load a bunch of those chicken halves/quarters in there.

Just confirming, this is on May 6th, correct? So we are about 3 weeks out?

Any plans on a get together to discuss logistics?

Eric

Can we firm up a weekend meeting? Bad Bobs, a diner, etc. Some place where we can work without distrations (DDs and tight shorts mod)

Did you pick a place to meet, yet?
i will not be attending this event but since everybody else is ignoring you i would gladly meet you to discuss the plans for the event anyway. i will get back to you with....................................................................................

i will not be attending this event but since everybody else is ignoring you i would gladly meet you to discuss the plans for the event anyway. i will get back to you with....................................................................................

Somebody DOES love me! I feel so appreciated.....

Sled, you farker.

Hope you enjoyed the contest.

Joey, the organizer is meeting with park officials on Tuesday afternoon in brooklyn.

I set up a meeting afterwards but havent set a place yet.... anyone now if he can make to willys in about 30 miniutes form floyd bennet field? ? I dont know of anyplaces further west and i wont be availble until 7, dont want him to have to wait to long , or to drive further than that. by the time hes done, he should be at then tail end of rush hour.

so for anyone who want to attend, Tuesday night is the night. willys woiuld be best so he can be there to take dont the order and chime in on whats feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back