THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We currently have just one entry into the draw. We in the California draw for winning in Modesto, CA in May but we've got three more events coming up this month, (Fairfield, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, and Taylor, AZ), so we'll be working hard to try and get at least one more entry into the draw. Three more would be better though...

The Bullsheet I got yesterday said you had to contact someone with The Jack and let them know what contest you won to qualify. Is this true??? I didn't think we had to do anything.

I believe that an awesome person in the KCBS office handles it all. This person is very special, one of the nicest people that I know actually.... 8)

They will also get out the invites for any teams that might win the last couple of weeks of the qualifyng period...

And Jay... Yes, if you won Utah, that would be an auto for Johnny. Otherwise, he is going through the draw like the rest of us... Wish I was going back out again. I had a lot of fun in June. I just don't have any free flights, or else I would!!! :twisted:

Good luck to all in Salt Lake!

Scottie

Rub, I believe Lotta Bull needs two more wins. He is not cooking this weekend. He is in Texas at his grandson's first birthday and then next weekend he will be teaching a class in Nashville. I know he is cooking Birmingham and Boone Hall.

I think you're right Joe. Wasn't one of the KY contests that he won, didn't have enough teams to be a qualifier?

All the best to Voncile.

Scottie

I think you're right Joe. Wasn't one of the KY contests that he won, didn't have enough teams to be a qualifier?

All the best to Voncile.

Scottie

I remember they had a full 15 teams at Franklin, and a first year contest. But thinking about it, that's only Owensboro and Franklin Ky. being qualifiers for this year's draw.

Hey Joe glad to see you made it here.

Franklin did have 15 teams.

So if I win Madison or Owensboro, I might get in this years draw?
I might, maybe, could get lucky. Lightning could strike. Hell could freeze over.

I will not be holding my breath.
Dale

I might, maybe, could get lucky. Lightning could strike. Hell could freeze over.

Dale

i did get lucky, lightning did strike and hell froze over.. "nothing short of a miracle" that I won what I've won.

you just got to keep plugging along and want it bad enough.

Dale

Hey Dale;

Just win both of them & have twice the opportunity to go the Jack. You guys can do it!

Thanks Sid. You are on the team thats knocking on the door, not us. I have no delusions of GC and top 10 is our goal. But If we win either, I swear I will do a Cart Wheel/Moon Walk on stage. Lets face the truth. I will probably be moon walking Thursday night anyhow.
Imagine being in position to be drawn, and it didnt happen. :shock: Ouch!
We will see you at Madison!

Hard to believe it is just a few days away. The Royal will be here sooner than we think, too. Got three more contests before then.

As luck would have it, I'm now OFF both Thursday and Friday. I can now sit at home and drink Jack in my underwear while clicking the chit out of the refresh button!

Good luck Mike. Perry brothers are pulling for you to get in. Maybe next year for us.

Thanks Dale, I appreciate it. Jim and I are talking about having a little get together Thursday, ya oughta drive yourself up from porkbutt and have a drink. :)

Thanks Dale, I appreciate it. Jim and I are talking about having a little get together Thursday, ya oughta drive yourself up from porkbutt and have a drink. :)

We're having a get together alright!

Is Jim bringing the beer?

The coolers will be loaded and sitting on the deck. I'll even have a bottle (or five) of GJ and some Sun Drop so drag your butt up here and party with us. Hell, I'll even let you moonwalk if you want.

we've got two chances this year... Oink, NY (one in five) and Yardley, PA.

I did hear from Linda Mullane that PA had something like four or even five qualifying events... I could be wrong though.

As far as I know, you get one letter, then you need to tell them if you INTEND to compete... maybe if you say you can't go, then they take you out? I'm not too good at this... all I know is we got the automatic last year for Harpoon, which took us OUT of the NY draw last year.

Best of Luck to everyone... I hope we get back to redeem our chicken... worst of the best - in the WORLD! ...at least that's what my kids keep reminding me of... brats!

Back