2009 Jack Draw

A bunch of BBQ cooks....in a dry county.....waiting and not cooking....sounds like trouble to me!:lol:

I wonder if they have a "Miss Pokey's" in town...:twisted: I grew up in McMinnville...a little northeast of Lynchburg...it was a dry county too. Miss Pokey was the local bootlegger...got my first buzz from some good ol' Gobbler's Knob hooch...:lol::lol::lol:

Hopin' to make this drive...

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/4-t6tg

A bunch of BBQ cooks....in a dry county.....waiting and not cooking....sounds like trouble to me!:lol:

Sounds like fodder for an episode of COPS. Filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement.

We'll be on the road tomorrow morning and early afternoon so we'll be doing the laptop w/aircard refresh game to see who is in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is exciting!

Best of luck to everyone in the Draw tomorrow! I know that anticipation and excitement can really get intense!
I hope they pick a bunch of Brethren's bungs :mrgreen: :wink: :cool:

Wish all of you the best tomorrow. I've been following the thread and can appreciate how exciting it must be. Good luck!

By the way, Saturday is Jack's 163rd birthday so everyone who gets in should be sure to send him something.

First timer question...how, where, and when will the results be posted?

The e-mail we recieved from Judy Heslar said to look for results on the KCBS website...:p

First timer question...how, where, and when will the results be posted?

The e-mail we recieved from Judy Heslar said to look for results on the KCBS website...:p

Last year, the people at Jack faxed the list to KCBS and it soon appeared on just about every internet forum around.

If a team from the state is represented, then they do not draw another... for example, KS does not have a state draw, since a KS team is already in.

Since Sled is a NY state team, he would cover the home state draw for NY...

Just like if Parrothead wins somewhere outside of SD... they dont have a separate state draw, for SD, if he gets an entry in the other state....he is the representitive, if he gets a draw from someplace.

21st Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue

Draw for “The Jack”

Because “The Jack” is a promotion for the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey brand, we want to have every state that has a qualifying contest or every state that has a “Grand Champion” residing in that state to be included in our competition.

The final list of teams begins with:​

(1)Grand Champions of the following competitions:
·21st Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
·2008 American Royal Open Competition
·2009 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Barbecue
·2009 Memphis in May Championship and

(2)Teams winning a competition that is the only qualifier in a state.

Next:​
(3)For the remaining states that have more than one qualifying contest, team names will go into state draws one time for every contest they have won in each state – i.e. two wins in Tennessee will get your name in the Tennessee draw two times. (State draws will be conducted randomly.)

(4)If any team is the only “Grand Champion” from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state. Home state is determined by the address of the chief cook.

(5)If there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state.

(6)After all draws are completed, remaining teams will have one last chance in our “Wild Card” draw. Each team’s name will be placed in the “wild card” draw one time and one last team will be invited.)

NOTE: As the draw progresses from state to state, additional teams may make the list by “default.” For example: If TN has seven teams in its draw, GA has three, VT has two, and CA has four, and Team A has wins in all four states and its name is pulled in the TN draw, the team whose name remains in the draw for VT would, by “default,” represent VT. Clear as mud? Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Thanks for the info, Sled. it doesn't seem qualifiers via rules one and two are included in the rest of the process but we'll see. Anyone know if there been representatives from Hawaii or Alaska at the Jack in the past?

Teams that are "automatic", those in 1 & 2 above, are not considered as being in the draw so they don't count against a team being a Home State Rep.

I agree that automatics don't count in the Home State rule...

(3)For the remaining states that have more than one qualifying contest, team names will go into state draws one time for every contest they have won in each state – i.e. two wins in Tennessee will get your name in the Tennessee draw two times. (State draws will be conducted randomly.)

(4)If any team is the only “Grand Champion” from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state. Home state is determined by the address of the chief cook.​

For Luck! Cheers! :p

IMG_7597.jpg

Best of luck to all who, like us, are hoping for a draw.

As my best friend from near Lynchburg would say: "We're more nervous than a long tail cat in a room full of rockin' chairs".

Back