The official 2012 Jack Draw thread

Is power provided or do we need to bring a generator? OR even if it is provided do we need one as a backup.. I'm going to have questions we are in the Shade tree division and we don't want to forget anything!!!!
thanks

Any other valuable information you can think of right now?

I don't know about back yard, but in the invitiational/pro side, you have to have 7 pieces in the box and chicken has to have white and dark meat.

Make sure you read the rules.........otherwise it is just like any other comp.

questions

Heading down in 10 days, I can wait! We are getting snowed on, so hope the weather is nice.

Where can I go to see the complete list of the teams that will be participating?

I have also entered the “anything’ category. (Not sure its call that), but do they come to your area or do you bring it to them? Do you get a chance to tell them what they are getting ready to eat?

Is there a place to pick up parsley or should I get it in Nashville?

the team list can be found on the KCBS site.

Power can be sketchy, if you run anything that is mission essential make sure you have some kind of back up.
are you talking about cook's choice? as far as I know. all categories must be brought to the turn in location, a pavilion in the middle of the park. I also think there is an 18"x18" limit on the presentation for categories other than the 4 KCBS meats and the same 7 portion rule applies.

Not sure if there's a better place to ask this, but can anybody suggest a supplier for meat, specifically ribs? Other than RD, Costco, etc.?

Back