THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottie, how can the draw be on the 4th when it closes on August 31st and they don't even have all the winners yet. Little own us mail back and forth with invites. Just wanting info not trying to corrrect you.

That is only for your 10th year of qualigfying for the Jack that you get an auto if you get the 10th year Grand Championship... so even though Johnny has one from this year, he will have to go through the draw again... No auto's for him this year...

I also heard back from my peeps at the Jack. The draw will be on Thursday, September 4th at 1:00 pm....

Not so fast there Champ:

Word has it that Johnny is coming to Salt Lake on the 23rd. There are only two qualifying contests in Utah this time, Snowbird which he won and Rock'n'Ribs on the 23rd. He's comin to lock it in! If he wins it's an auto for him. If we win it's still an auto for him cause we're in the auto from Boulder City. So....he should just let us win!!:wink:

If someone else wins then it's still a 50/50 draw....not bad. You comin?

The Bellys have two chances this year, from the Tiger Shrine contest in May and Boone County Fair contest in July. We were very excited just getting one win.....now two chances at a Jack draw.....if we were to get very luck and get a draw, I think maybe some of us are going to have to beg for time off from our employers to attend....I'm not sure about some of the others, but I'll be out of time after the Royal.....:cry:

I think usually the second week of August they get mailed out.. Last year they were later. so not sure how the new folks will be doing it...

The Bullsheet I got yesterday said you had to contact someone with The Jack and let them know what contest you won to qualify. Is this true??? I didn't think we had to do anything.

The Bullsheet I got yesterday said you had to contact someone with The Jack and let them know what contest you won to qualify. Is this true??? I didn't think we had to do anything.

I've never had to contact them but I have heard of someone gettin screwed because their info wasn't sent in from the contest organizer. I think the organizers do that...correct me if I'm wrong.

The Bellys have two chances this year, from the Tiger Shrine contest in May and Boone County Fair contest in July. We were very excited just getting one win.....now two chances at a Jack draw.....if we were to get very luck and get a draw, I think maybe some of us are going to have to beg for time off from our employers to attend....I'm not sure about some of the others, but I'll be out of time after the Royal.....:cry:

Gary, you will quit then, right? I'll say this right now... if Lee and I get drawn, it doesn't matter if I'm flat broke, have vehicle problems, no vacation time or turned down by my employer or the wife says we can't swing it - I would be at The Jack, Spicewine in tow, regardless of whether I have to get a loan, quit my job or divorce my wife. Mark my words! I'm dead serious! :wink:

I have a feeling she is about to be inundated with emails and phone calls.

I've never had to contact them but I have heard of someone gettin screwed because their info wasn't sent in from the contest organizer. I think the organizers do that...correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you get one letter or a letter for each contest you've won? Can you tell from the letter(s) if they have all of your draws?

Jeff - If you didn't turn in our info, Andy and I are coming to Pleasant Hill to kick your Lady Schick shaven'ed arse!!!

Smoky Mountain Smokers has two draws from North Carolina-two draws from South Carolina-one draw from Georgia-one draw for Tennessee. I have four more contest to go to pull off the lucky 7. Time will only tell.:-D

Do you get one letter or a letter for each contest you've won? Can you tell from the letter(s) if they have all of your draws?=quote]

Good question, we were always in for an automatic, so just got one letter. Someone else will have to answer that one. Good Luck!

I am responsible for sending in the winners from the FBA qualifiers, and I believe Steph handles the KCBS ones. If it were me and I were concerned, I'd shoot Steph an email with the list, dates, and number of teams at the qualifiers I'd won so she can compare it to her data. The FBA has no more qualifiers before the deadline, so I've already sent our list in.

I looked again, and I think if Lotta Bull and Smoky Mountain can each win one more before the end of the month, I've got a 50/50 chance :biggrin:

I am responsible for sending in the winners from the FBA qualifiers, and I believe Steph handles the KCBS ones. If it were me and I were concerned, I'd shoot Steph an email with the list, dates, and number of teams at the qualifiers I'd won so she can compare it to her data. The FBA has no more qualifiers before the deadline, so I've already sent our list in.

I looked again, and I think if Lotta Bull and Smoky Mountain can each win one more before the end of the month, I've got a 50/50 chance :biggrin:

And if you get in I think I should be named official Swamp Boys pit biatch and get to go with you!!!

Word has it that Johnny is coming to Salt Lake on the 23rd. There are only two qualifying contests in Utah this time, Snowbird which he won and Rock'n'Ribs on the 23rd. He's comin to lock it in! If he wins it's an auto for him. If we win it's still an auto for him cause we're in the auto from Boulder City. So....he should just let us win!!:wink:

I know of a little ol' team from Arizona that will be trying really hard to spoil this plan and make the Utah state draw a 50/50!

Back