The Jack Daniels Draw

If I understand it right in Virginia it's beween Divine Smoke, Chix, Swine & Bovine and us.

I heard somewhere the draw was on Friday the 5th of Sept.

Tom

Good luck to the Brethren in the draw...especially Big Mike (since he let me cook with him at that comp)

Yup that was the one .42 teams were entered for Princeton as of Monday with a couple weeks to go.I havent seen a lot of discussion for Milwaukee.I would think there would be a good amount of cookers there as theres a Harley for GC.
Hey Coz, which Milwaukee contest is this? The one downtown or the one in Menomonee Falls?

Are there any teams from Delaware that won a state championship anywhere in the country ? They would be an automatic since Tuffy won the only Delaware contest

Franklin PA was a State championship but it looks like they only got 14 teams and as a second year event I think they needed 25 to be a qualifier.

I thought I'd start up a discussion about the Jack draw. It would be interesting to see which teams have a bid locked up and where the battles are. Post any info you have. There are a few Brethren teams in the NY draw.... :-D

Oinktoberfest 07 - Lunchmeat
Sayville 07 - BBQ-Brethren
Lake Placid 08 - Jack McDavid
Troy 08 - IQUE
New Paltz 08 - ????

I Smell Smoke has multiple automatics into the Jack

Is PA only:

Yardley 08 - Lunchmeat
New Holland 08 - ???

We are in twice.
Marysville, KS June 08
Bellevue, NE July 08
Our odds in KS are not the best but they are alot better for Nebraska. It would be the BOMB to make it to the Jack.

Chris

it's overated.... :roll:

And Mr YankeeBBQ... I like your old avatar much better... I can't really make out what it says on this one...8)

it's overated.... :roll:

And Mr YankeeBBQ... I like your old avatar much better... I can't really make out what it says on this one...8)

:rolleyes: It says

Harpoon
Grand
Champion !

I didn't have some Chicago dude forcing gallon bottles of Tequila on me this year so things went well

I figured as much.... It was a nice big bottle of Patron though...

Were you able to compete in the grilling contest, now that you have lost your secret weapon?

I figured as much.... It was a nice big bottle of Patron though...

Were you able to compete in the grilling contest, now that you have lost your secret weapon?

Phils gonna yell at us any second for hijacking this thread..... My grilling Guru was there but we didn't do so well in the grilling. I think we ended up around 19th.

When should we expect our letters informing us that we're in the draw?
Seems like I've had mine by now in years past.

I think usually the second week of August they get mailed out.. Last year they were later. so not sure how the new folks will be doing it...

We are in for Boulder City, Nevada. Only contest in the state. I love the Jack!!!:-D

I'm pretty sure the drawing is Sept 5th.

I thought someone told me they were going to do them on September 4th this year?

Jack Battle Brethern SAME DAY????

I've got two chances in GA. Tuffy was kind enough to win Dillard and take that out of the equation. I think Joe of Smoky Mountain Smokers has at least 2 in GA, so I almost hope he beats me this weekend. I believe Lotta Bull is in there for a couple too, so go Mike and Debbie! :wink:

Not sure how many total for this qualifying period, maybe 7-8 counting the 2 FBA contests. Regardless, I'm stoked! This is my first time in the mix and I can't wait.

Its the same weekend as battle of the Brethern in Sayville....
Mike Leonardo and I are in the FL draw and I'm not sure how many we are stuffed in the box with us but it should be interesting being that I have my airline tickets in my pocket for Sayville. I don't think I will be able to pass up cooking in the Jack if we get drawn...

Back