Super bowl food

All this talk of cheese dip/ smoked queso took over my brain...

Just made myself stop eating it.... chorizo and bison, rotel, velveeta, canned hatch/jalapeño/chipotle and chopped garlic... 2hrs on the MAK + Fritos = wow

Chili still cooking, spares just went on...

Happy super bowl day!

Attachments

• D9C79627-6036-4EFF-B066-8D5ACDCCAE4B.jpg
    D9C79627-6036-4EFF-B066-8D5ACDCCAE4B.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 62
  • F8661746-B26B-4D70-9751-280060013163.jpg
    F8661746-B26B-4D70-9751-280060013163.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 62
  • 0943B9B9-F3BC-4DCD-B679-FEF9E0C93F75.jpg
    0943B9B9-F3BC-4DCD-B679-FEF9E0C93F75.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 63
Smoked chorizo queso - thanks to this thread (went velveta, rotel, cream cheese, and browned some chorizo)

Wings - marinated in buttermilk and franks hot sauce, breaded in Kentucky Colonel, flash/par fried, then onto the smoker - will toss in some Hooters sauce

Sliders two ways - beef slider w/ homemade grind of brisket, short rib, and wagyu trim I've been saving. Conecuh sausage sliders - both on Hawaiian rolls.

Atomic Buffalo turds - jalapenos halved lengthwise, seeded and stemmed, stuffed with creame cheese, extra sharp cheddar, ranch dressing dry packet along with some Q-salt and wrapped in bacon.

Think that about covers it!

Just got the final game plan together.... veggie tray (carrots, celery cauliflower, cherry tomatoes) with dill dip. Buffalo wings with choice of Kosmo's "Cajun" or "Garlic Parm" wing dust, leftover ribeye with horsey sauce, potstickers (pork, and sesame chicken fillings), smoked steelhead.

We had a high of -1 at about 3pm or so, that was my opening to fire up the OTG and grill wings. Just Yardbird for rub and they are delicious!

Just got the final game plan together.... veggie tray (carrots, celery cauliflower, cherry tomatoes) with dill dip. Buffalo wings with choice of Kosmo's "Cajun" or "Garlic Parm" wing dust, leftover ribeye with horsey sauce, potstickers (pork, and sesame chicken fillings), smoked steelhead.

HALFTIME UPDATE - Mrs ~t~ is adding a mini-apple cake to the mix..... made in a #5 CI skillet. I suspect it will be really tasty with some English Breakfast tea in the AM. Current conditions, -1°F with light snow. :mrgreen:

EDIT: It's sugar free, no reason to dull a Super Bowl shine.

Last edited:
Just the two of us.

We ordered a pizza for dinner before the game.

We also made BBQ wings in the green mountain that came out great. My wife marinaded them in an olive oil and sweet seduction rub mixture then we dusted them with more sweet seduction before smoking them at 225°f for about 50 minutes. Then we coated them in sweet baby Ray’s and put them back in the green mountain at 375° for 20 minutes. They were really good bbq wings.

We also made our salsa but didn’t have any yet so I just ran out to the fridge while typing this and had some with a couple chips with about a minute left in the game.

Last edited:
Back