THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm doing poor mans burnt ends using hot dogs, chicken legs, and pork shots as well. The way I do pork shots is smoked sausage wrapped in bacon with pineapple and cream cheese on top. I'm thinking of substituting the sausage with pulled pork though for this one.

Please give details.on the poor mans burnt ends using hot dogs, sounds intriguing!

Yay sportsball. Hopefully they spin the puck into the basket and win all the points.

Thats awesome! We speak the same language!

I am not a sports fan but it is the season premier of the Walking Dead so we will be hosting and feeding our undead guest some human ribs (baby backs with my honey chipolte bbq sauce) and smoked intestines (my homemade jalapeno and cheese brats). Of course we have to have MOINKS and ABT`s to warm up on.

We are having around 40 people total. Around 15 are kids.
I'm doing
On the Primo -
Chicken Wings/Legs (96 wings 24 legs) - Traditional hot, Bourbon BBQ and Chile Lime Dry Dust
On the Santa Maria -
(2) Tri Tips for sandwiches
On the Pint -
Pastrami (5 pounds SRF brisket flat)
(2) racks spare rib
(2) Phattys - Not Sure what kind i am doing yet. I have 5 pounds of bacon, 2 Jimmy Dean Sausage tubes (1 regular and 1 hot) and 1 more pound of bacon. Any suggestions? I'll probably end up doing 1 w/ stuffed jalapenos and the other Bacon Cheeseburger. But i am open if anyone has any ideas

I'm doing poor mans burnt ends using hot dogs, chicken legs, and pork shots as well. The way I do pork shots is smoked sausage wrapped in bacon with pineapple and cream cheese on top. I'm thinking of substituting the sausage with pulled pork though for this one.

Please tell us more about these hot dog burnt ends of which you speak.

I'm traveling tomorrow and Sunday so I had to prep the Pig Shots in advance. We like them made with Conecuh Sausage, fill them with a cream cheese and Honey Habanero rub mixture then top with jalapeño and a bit of brown sugar.

I had been wondering if they could be made in advance. Good to know!

• Thanks
Reactions: YSR
sweet-bacon-pork-shots.jpg

Sausage, with bacon wrapped around it with some kind of cheese in the cavity above the sausage. Good stuff.

Thank you so much! We are having a feed at work Monday, and I'm going to make some, along with Jason TQ's panned BSCThighs.

Brisket is one thing I am making today and I have already had a set back. Bought a couple bags of oak splits from a local supplier and I should have known that the bags looked too new. Threw a couple of logs on and they wouldn't really catch. After a bit I could see the moisture coming out of the wood. Put me about an hour behind schedule so far.

Back