Super bowl food

robertm

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
ROBERT
I mean have we really not started talking about what everyone's making for the Super bowl game?

Obviously things are different this year but we are still joining two other close families. The plan is everyone brings an appetizer or two.

I already told the wife she is required to make her buffalo chicken blue cheese dip. I don't know what's in it but my mouth starts salivating just thinking about it. I'll find out and post more on it next week.

I'm going to do smoked chuck roast burnt ends confit in beef tallow to finish. I cooked a bunch of brisket trimmings down this weekend for the tallow. Can't wait!

What's everyone else doing?

That sounds good! I'm still undecided on the final menu.

Planning on doing Malcolm Reed's sausage ball recipe on the kettle and doing pigs in a blanket with puff pastry and red hot links with mustard for Chiefs colors! Thinking I should add 1 additional recipe, but not sure what yet

I'll be hungover from a neighbor get together from the night before, where I will be cooking a crap ton of homemade pizzas. So, leftover pizza of course. And, maybe some wings and nachos, since they are easy and excellent hangover food as well!

I happened to stumble upon the absolute biggest rack of pork spare ribs I have ever seen in the supermarket the other day. They are big and meaty. Think maybe the hog that gave them up was raised downwind from the Hanford Nuclear Reservation. So ribs it is!

I've been asked to smoke wings for a birthday party the day before, so that's out for gameday treats.

We are luckily doing a pretty small gathering. With only 6 adults there last year my watch was constantly warning me of ear damage due to volume levels. They requested my beef burnt ends, and smoked beans. I'm also planning to make sourdough that morning and take a Chocolate and Peanut Butter chip loaf, as well as a Pueblo Chile and Cheddar loaf.

Still pondering.Some good ideas so far.Gonna be a little chilly here.Not real interested in the game.Time will tell.Probably cook something easily done inside on the stovetop or oven.

Smoked wings with a house made blue cheese dip
1. Blackberry Habanero wings
2. Spicy Teriyaki wings
Smoked loaded twice bake taters
Smoked spinach artichoke dip
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
Smoked queso dip
Smoked house made sausage balls
House made chips

And a cooler full of beverages to choose from

I was originally going to ask Shiz-nit what time he wants us to arrive but TC smoke's fried ravs have me second guessing! I don't think I've ever had them outside of St Louis. I have the folks bring down a few boxes of Louisa's whenever they come down :-D

Back