Super bowl food

I guess since I live in Tampa I have to pay attention a bit to the game being played this weekend eh?

Its looking like ribs and wing here. Win Dixie had a bogo on baby backs and I want to experiment with wings again.

I had thrown around the idea of brisket or ribs (host is doing wings). Then I started thinking more along the lines of should I just do a bunch of appetizers? Cheese sticks, smoked meatballs, and queso I am not sure yet, but luckily still have time to ponder...this is making me hungry.

Going to smoke a tri-tip and make steak nachos with that and also smoke a strip loin roast and then make cheese steak sammies with that that on the griddle.

I already told the wife she is required to make her buffalo chicken blue cheese dip. I don't know what's in it but my mouth starts salivating just thinking about it. I'll find out and post more on it next week.

Is it next week yet? :hungry:

I usually make a batch of Blue Cheese dressing for the SB and use the Chart House recipe, but would be interested in seeing what ya got.

We're definitely making wings, but haven't figured out the specifics - Vortex? Rottis? Maybe a rack or two of BB Ribs. Chips and dips. Not sure of anything else.

Be making smoked wings, moinks, pulled pork sliders, smoked beans, cornbread and some pizzas!

I am thinking pig wings instead of chicken wings, half bbq (for kids and my love) half spicy bbq (for me), possibly with a little nashville hot sauce? Maybe some armadillo eggs? I also need to use up some leftover mustard slaw I made for chili dogs last weekend, so I might eat some dogs/hotlinks?

Smoked Queso. I used to belong to and mostly just monitor quite few BBQ type Facebook groups. I’ve departed those now (everything you need is here)—-anyway about the time I was exiting Smoked Queso was a very popular post. I think HEB even sells the fixings in an aluminum pan. I’m sure I will stay traditional non smoked, but hoping someone posts up SQ

Back