THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I've decided that I’m giving myself an early birthday gift… Just a couple of days after the banquet I’m turning 50 (according to my daughter, I’m turning 49.95.. I think she wants money... LOL)…

I should be getting in mid-day on Friday and leaving on Sunday…

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all!!!!

im about to reserve..... but will reserve a full table if i can get 8 more folks. PM me if intereseted and havent signed up yet.

is it worth going just on Saturday? I have never been to one. What there to do?

thanks

I've been to quite a few banquets. Saturday is mainly meetings and the banquet. Friday night is kinda the party night. Last year in Nashville, there didn't seem to be too much camaraderie in the bar area at any time that I saw. Coulda had something to do with a short vodka/cran costing $10....I dunno. We had fun anyway....

I'm coming in on Saturday morning and leaving Sunday. Can't get the time off on Friday. Gotta save them days off for contests.

For all the KCBS folks that read this Forum... they need to take note of that and make sure the drinks don't cost an arm an a leg... So teams can actually mingle together!!! Oh and make sure you have Jack Daniel's to drink cat the banquet.. Especially if we are in Nashville. as I sure don't want to have to pull out my Squire Card in Philly to get us Jack at the banquet....

But you are right Steph, there was no mingling after the banquet this year. I think the bar was shut down by 11 pm.... Lame....

For all the KCBS folks that read this Forum... they need to take note of that and make sure the drinks don't cost an arm an a leg... So teams can actually mingle together!!! Oh and make sure you have Jack Daniel's to drink cat the banquet.. Especially if we are in Nashville. as I sure don't want to have to pull out my Squire Card in Philly to get us Jack at the banquet....

But you are right Steph, there was no mingling after the banquet this year. I think the bar was shut down by 11 pm.... Lame....
Sounds like a flask or three may be in order....

See you all there. Getting in on Thursday, let's do a cheesesteak or two.

im about to reserve..... but will reserve a full table if i can get 8 more folks. PM me if intereseted and havent signed up yet.

Im in!........we making this into a road trip?:biggrin::twisted::biggrin:

Sled and Vinny are in too right? Rumor has it Scott has a leisure suit to match his shorts

grrrrrr...jealousy...all of you!!! I'm in, Sean we'll connect to ride at least some of the way together. We can then meet Phil and Vinny or just take two vehicles. Is there somewhere to park the care outside of town and take the public transportation in on a subway ro something? Never been to Philly! Defintiely need to try a cheese steak. Scott

Back