Reservations for the 2010 KCBS Banquet in Philadelphia

We're thinking about going, but I'm waffling. Besides being able to hang with the coolest people in the BBQ world :-D what else goes on? For the TOY stuff how far down in the ranking do they announce and do they give out any sort of ribbons or anything?

We're thinking about going, but I'm waffling. Besides being able to hang with the coolest people in the BBQ world :-D what else goes on? For the TOY stuff how far down in the ranking do they announce and do they give out any sort of ribbons or anything?

I think they gave out medals for the top 10 only.... Then they rush you up stage and get you off, so the marketing guys can talk and fluff us up a bit....

I'll be getting into Philly around 1 on Thursday, headin' over to Atlantic City for the night!

BBQ Fluffers? :eek:

Thanks!

Go to the banquet and you will know. It is when I realized that gaining that top 10 in KCBS Team of Year wasn't worth a damn... OK, maybe amongst the cooks, but no one else. They actually handed me my medal on the side of the stage.... so I guess we are just fluffers Ron... Because they did not miss an opportunity to tell us how much money would be coming in and we would need wheel barrels to carry it home...

Top 20 overall and top 10 in categories. You get a cheap ass track medal.

Back