THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gave it a run at reheating pizza tonight. No directions in the booklet for that either. Used general air fryer directions online...325 for 3-4 minutes. Thing pre-heated in about 2 minutes. Set it for 4 minutes cook time since the pizza was straight from the fridge.

First slice was good but not warmed all the way through. Put the other two back in for another 2 minutes and they were perfect.

My 90 day cash-back return has expired. Doesn't matter cause I'm keeping the thing.

Next on my agenda is seeing how fast it can heat a 17 ounce pasty from frozen to delicious. Definitely no directions in the manual for that. Oven instructions that came with the pasties say 375 for 75 minutes...but they're wrong. 375 for 90 minutes is much better. Hoping the Woodfire will cut the reheat time to under an hour.

Any further observations on smoke flavor and pellets?
Used pecan pellets for the wings and turkey breast. The little pellet cup on the side actually puts out a good amount of smoke the convection fan dispersers well around the meat. The smoke is there. Have not added any extra pellets to a cook so far.

Haven't used any of the pellets that came with the gadget. Used cherry for thick cut pork chops and those were good. Still tinkering with the thing. When I get more acquainted might try a ribeye.

Man Eric those are some great looking cooks on that thing
Thanks. Has worked well so far. The shorter cook times are excellent. The grate cleans up easily, when I decide to clean it. Same with the drip tray.

Glad I went with the pro model. The thermometer/programming feature is handy. Since the Woodfire is relatively new, the longevity of the unit is anyones guess. Hope I won't have to use it but the 3 year warranty is nice to have.

Ninja thought this thing through pretty well IMO. After 3 months haven't found a thing I wished they'd done better or differently. But, I keep it in the garage all the time...open the door when using pellets. Maybe those who use/leave it outside would have complaints/suggestions to improve it.

Haven't explored all of its cook settings. For what I was looking for, I'm happy with the purchase.

My 90 day cash-back return has expired. Doesn't matter cause I'm keeping the thing.

Next on my agenda is seeing how fast it can heat a 17 ounce pasty from frozen to delicious. Definitely no directions in the manual for that. Oven instructions that came with the pasties say 375 for 75 minutes...but they're wrong. 375 for 90 minutes is much better. Hoping the Woodfire will cut the reheat time to under an hour.
Did the frozen pasty experiment last night. No pellets. Did the first pasty at 390 on the bake setting (first time using that) for 45 minutes, then 15 minutes on air crisp at 390. Pasty was done but the dough was too crispy.

Don't recall the commercial saying much about the bake setting. Discovered it works like a convection oven.

Second frozen pasty came out perfect at 390 for 60 minutes on bake.

How much power does the thing draw? I have an outlet on my deck but it's not a 20 amp circuit.
1760 watts...borderline for a 15 amp circuit but that's what I'm using and the breaker hasn't popped yet. Power cord is only 4 feet long. Have experienced no issues using a 10 gauge extension cord with the grill.

Posted in another thread but didn't post here. Salmon couple months ago with pecan pellets and Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub.

salmon10.jpg

I'm resurrecting this thread Erik, as I also cook for one and would like more versatility than my 2 gassers give me. Interested in the air fry mode, which is something I don't have. No room in my small kitchen for a dedicated air fryer, so an outdoor appliance has appeal to me. For stuff like fries and onion rings that aren't great baked in an oven, and reheating leftovers. Still have a very hot gasser for grilling and searing. I'm going to have a 20 amp outlet installed on my deck, just because :-D

I'm resurrecting this thread Erik, as I also cook for one and would like more versatility than my 2 gassers give me. Interested in the air fry mode, which is something I don't have. No room in my small kitchen for a dedicated air fryer, so an outdoor appliance has appeal to me. For stuff like fries and onion rings that aren't great baked in an oven, and reheating leftovers. Still have a very hot gasser for grilling and searing. I'm going to have a 20 amp outlet installed on my deck, just because :-D
Upgrading to 20 amp or a new circuit? Like said, have had no issues using the grill with 15 amp.

Recommend going with the pro model as it comes with a probe, outdoor cover, 3-year warranty, and some other stuff.

The only power I have there is a porch light. I have an adapter to make that an outlet, but I wouldn't want to draw 15 amps through it. There are empty slots in my breaker panel that can handle a new circuit. I would go with the pro too, and probably add the cart.

Have you used the air fryer feature?

Back