Ninja Woodfire Grill?

food4thot

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Erik, E
Woke up to an infomercial I found interesting. Generally, cooking for one sucks. The gadget looks pretty cool but have doubts how correctly it could sear a steak.

Anyone have one?

Is it an outdoor air fryer?
I think you should try one for the team, Erik! :grin:
I might. They say it's an outdoor grill, but it's electric. Can't see why it couldn't be used inside without the pellets.

Been thinking of selling the WSM and Performer. Haven't used either in a couple years and would like to reclaim some garage space. The Jumbo Joe has become my favorite Weber product.

Seems like it should work and produce good results with practice, like all cooking modalities. It's basically a miniature version of the Southern Pride SRG-400

I intended to sell mine after a business venture, but love it. When used correctly, it produces some great results. With that said, it cannot duplicate the results of a well executed traditional offset smoker cook. I have described it this way,...."On a scale of 1-10, I typically get a 7-10 with my offset. The SRG-400 cannot produce a 10, but can produce 8-9 every time, even with minimally trained employees doing the cooking."

Generally, cooking for one sucks.

I cook either for a lot people or just myself. Most of my equipment is large and stored inside and brought out for use, so sometimes it feels like a chore to fire up for single steak or a couple chicken quarters. This might be an interesting option for a quick and easy setup, cook, and clean up.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on this and I can't wait to hear your results. If it's decent it might be in my future.

I cook either for a lot people or just myself. Most of my equipment is large and stored inside and brought out for use, so sometimes it feels like a chore to fire up for single steak or a couple chicken quarters. This might be an interesting option for a quick and easy setup, cook, and clean up.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on this and I can't wait to hear your results. If it's decent it might be in my future.
It comes with some recipe suggestions. Will check them out but unlikely I'll follow them beyond temp and time.

First thing that came to mind when using it was wings. Will see how that goes.

Yes, I'm a guinea pig. If this works as well for time and clean-up as they claim, will let you know.

My wife and I slipped away a couple weeks ago for our anniversary. While she was showering, I turned on the TV to kick back and relax for a few mins. Guess what was on? The Ninja Woodfire Grill infomercial. My wife found me watching it when she returned… kind of rolling her eyes, half-jokingly asking if I was gonna buy one. “No way” was my answer! Even though that was my answer (and I think it still is… lol), I am now quite antsy to see your real-world review :)

Update:

Thing won't be delivered until early next week. Been reading a few reviews. Supposedly has a very short power cord and big power draw. Ordered a 10 ga 10 foot extension cord.

This review makes it sound like it will do what I purchased it to do. Again, the guy states it shouldn't be used indoor. Again, I can't understand why if I'm not using pellets.

Ordered some non-Ninja cherry pelllets for outdoor use. It's my favorite wood for beef, pork, and lamb...adds great flavor and smells heavenly. Have a bag of pecan chips, my favorite for poultry. Going to see how well those work before ordering pecan pellets. If all goes well will get some alder pellets/chips for seafood.

Got the grill. Pretty well built rig, far as I can tell. Read through the instructions. Was bummed to read you're not supposed to put the grill grate in the dishwasher. Could swear I saw them put the grate in the dishwasher in the infomercial. That was one of the selling features that lured me into buying.

Not playing with it until receiving the 10 ga extension cord I ordered from Amazon.

Can't put it in the dishwasher? How the Flippin bird would you be able to cook on it? I thought the reason you couldn't put things in the dishwasher was because they would mess up in the heated dry?

Can't put it in the dishwasher? How the Flippin bird would you be able to cook on it? I thought the reason you couldn't put things in the dishwasher was because they would mess up in the heated dry?
Exactly my thought. How could the grate be subjected to 500+° in the cooker, but not handle a dishwasher?

Back