THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only power I have there is a porch light. I have an adapter to make that an outlet, but I wouldn't want to draw 15 amps through it. There are empty slots in my breaker panel that can handle a new circuit. I would go with the pro too, and probably add the cart.

Have you used the air fryer feature?
Have used the air crisp setting for wings, frozen fish, and reheating pizza and french fries. Used it heating frozen pasty but shouldn't have. Still have not tried the roast, broil, and dehydrate settings.

The cart Ninja sells is way over priced for what it is. Been using mine on the table of the Performer. A sturdy folding table would work just as well.

Never tried using the grill inside but can confirm Ninja's warning not to use it indoors is accurate. The pellet cup/ignition system can create some smoke from prior cooks, even if the pellet cup is empty.

Last edited:
Reheated some restaurant fish & chips on the air crisp setting yesterday. 5 minutes and they were better than when the restaurant first served them.

Ninja's infommercials are on multiple channels late night/early morning. They must be selling well. Read a review on my phone. They listed its small/convenient size as a pro, then turned around and listed the inability to put out a large amount of food as a con. duh...

Found a couple Delmonicos in a freezer dive. They are normal thickness, not monsters like the last one I did on the Woodfire. Going to do one today and try some of the pellets that came with the rig. Have only used pecan and cherry so far.

Home Depot is listing them at $399. Not the pro model though. I had a 20 amp outlet installed on my deck.. seriously considering one. I don't have room in my kitchen for an air fryer - an outdoor appliance could work for me.

I'm doing a in home study survey for Ninja, and just received one of these grills, but a next gen version not out yet in stores. This is the woodfire Pro XL outdoor grill it's an OG900, the ones that are out are the OG701, and OG751.

I'm doing a in home study survey for Ninja, and just received one of these grills, but a next gen version not out yet in stores. This is the woodfire Pro XL outdoor grill it's an OG900, the ones that are out are the OG701, and OG751.

Post pictures and a review here too, please.

Confess to being curious what the difference is with the new model. They couldn't make it bigger without upping the power draw and requiring a 20 amp circuit. Is that it?

Just looked up the pro on Amazon. $366 is a good price. About $60 less than I paid at Ninja as a guinea pig.

Yeah, good price. But someone at Amazon is confused:

Brand Ninja
Fuel Type Gas
Finish Type Painted
Material Wood
Installation Type Built-In

The cart Ninja sells is way over priced for what it is. Been using mine on the table of the Performer. A sturdy folding table would work just as well.

I can't find any dimensions in the specs. Would a 12" X 24" cart be enough?

I can't find any dimensions in the specs. Would a 12" X 24" cart be enough?
The footprint needs a table/cart at least 17" x 17". Overall width is about 23" at the handles. Overall depth is about 22" with the lid open. Height is about 20" with the lid open...but no one should be buying the thing if they have a height constraint lol!

Somehow missed this thread….

Just saw an ad for this pop up on a feed I have. Went through this thread and didn’t see anything about the thing that immediately caused me concern.

How long before the Fan gets completely gummed up with smoke/grease?

Seems like an interesting concept, but would be concerned about the life expectancy.

Back