THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

^^^ Because dishwasher detergents are abrasive. If there is a coating on the grate that does not withstand the alkaline salts in a dishwasher, you will fark up the grate. That has nothing to do with temperature when in use.

So put it in the dishwasher on a pre-rinse cycle without the detergent and then just clean off whatever is left.

Simples.

Cheers!

Bill

I watched the videos on Ninja web site. How are the pellets fired? Is there a mini heat coil for the pellets?

Procastinate a lot. Finally gave this gadget a test run.

Assembly was easy and I appreciate their attention to detail. Captured screws in the handles (only things to assemble) and an audible click when they'd been tightened enough. Ninja even included the hex wrench.

Got wings from my poultry place. Air dried in the fridge. Little olive oil and Yardbird they were ready to go.

First run with the Woodfire was interesting. Has a sensor that detects if the lid is open. Curious how long the sensor will last...I'm nerdy.

Wings were really good in 20 minute cook time. Doing another batch tomorrow. Lots of farting around to be done with this thing.

Bought the pellets instead of using the pecan chips I had. Pecan smells like heaven

First time seeing pellets up close today. Is it just me? The wood pellet thing seems all kinds of wrong IMO.

The wings look pretty dang good, must be something to those pellets :mrgreen:

How’d they taste?
Damn good (Yardbird). Surprised only took 20 minutes. Making another batch tomorrow.

Real test wil be turkey breast in a couple weeks.

Round 2... just as good. Still have wings left so will go for round 3 tomorrow.

20221112.jpg

20221113.jpg

Did 4 burgers sans pellets...7 minutes. Q-Salt and some onion powder. Melted Swiss cheese later in the microwave. Pretty convenient

ground11.jpg

Yes, the grate hasn't been cleaned yet. Seasoning it.

This pic reminds me of our old George Foreman grill. We ate a lot of good grub off that things back in the day… until our lil family outgrew ole’ George.

This pic reminds me of our old George Foreman grill. We ate a lot of good grub off that things back in the day… until our lil family outgrew ole’ George.
I'm on the other end...downsizing.

Thing's working well so far. Four cooks in and hasn't failed to deliver. Actually like the programming/prompts. Gonna keep farting around with it.

Finally gave it a run cooking frozen food, which it's claimed to be good at. No recommended settings in the manual/booklet for this so winged-it.

Hit it with a little sea salt and black pepper. Used the half size air crisp basket that came with the pro model. Set it to pre-heat on the air crisp setting (390°, 10 minutes). It bleeped to "ADD FOOD" and put the fish in. Bleeped again after 10 minutes. Knew that wasn't gonna complete it 10 minutes so set for another 10.

20 minutes on the air crisp setting it was done, frozen to eating.

Damn good too. No lemon juice or tarter sauce required.

Feel a bit weird liking this cooker cause it goes against my grain on both the electric and pellet stuff.

Back