THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The same can be said of Langs. But, there are no spurious hot spots in my Jambo outside of the typical slightly higher temp on the firebox side.

I was thinking this as a reverse flow compared to regular offset. It seems that the larger smokers negate the benefits of reverse flow...

That's what I think of Lang owners who don't own a Lang 108. Why settle for a prissy little 60? :heh:

Your comment is like comparing a Porche to a Ford truck... Although I would love an F-450 loaded, I just don't have the space... :( However, I do have space for a 911 GT3, but don't have the cash! In other words, I have to settle for a plain old F-150. :)

Damn, not only do I not have your absolutely stunning smoker, I also don't have your ability to manipulate quotes! I think I suck today...

Man, what a great thread! I've read through the whole thing. I've been in the market for a smoker that's competition worthy. I'm ready to put on my big girl panties and start competing. :clap2: I've done my homework, had settled on a Lang, but that whole "customer service" issue came in to play. So while I was WAITING PATIENTLY for a response after a third email and no returned phone call, a good buddy told me about Meadow Creek. I respect his opinion and he has seen both units in action and recommened the MC over the Lang. At that point I was getting frustrated with Lang :mad2: so started calling around looking for a MC TS120. Found a super nice guy in Sarasota, FL that had one with a couple of extras. Check is in the mail. :becky:

Just for the record, I don't think it's fair for someone to say this or that smoker is the best on the market, simply because they own it. If you haven't cooked on ALL of them then be quiet. Tell us how much you like yours and give some examples of why you like it so well. Be honest and share the good and the bad if there is any. I say that because I have made some bad choices in smokers, but it is what it is (think electric and pellet). I want old school, tending a fire most of the time. If I don't then I'll use my Primo XL, which, by the way, is a great unit. Is it better than BGE? I have no idea as I've never cooked on one. :laugh:

Thanks for all the great info!

:bow:

I bought the Lang 60 mobile back in the spring and I love it BUT Since I bought it I have sent several emails to Ben Lang regarding buying other things like charcoal basket and asking advice and have never received an answer. Don't get me wrong. He makes a great cooker, it's well built but getting in touch with him about anything is a nightmare. Even when I was trying to order it, it took weeks to get a call back. When you do speak with him he is the nicest man you will ever meet but he needs to work on getting some help that will answer emails and the phone. If I knew what I know now and had known about Bubba grills I would have gone with them. They seem to be very customer oriented.

Man, what a great thread! I've read through the whole thing. I've been in the market for a smoker that's competition worthy. I'm ready to put on my big girl panties and start competing. :clap2: I've done my homework, had settled on a Lang, but that whole "customer service" issue came in to play. So while I was WAITING PATIENTLY for a response after a third email and no returned phone call, a good buddy told me about Meadow Creek. I respect his opinion and he has seen both units in action and recommened the MC over the Lang. At that point I was getting frustrated with Lang :mad2: so started calling around looking for a MC TS120. Found a super nice guy in Sarasota, FL that had one with a couple of extras. Check is in the mail. :becky:

Just for the record, I don't think it's fair for someone to say this or that smoker is the best on the market, simply because they own it. If you haven't cooked on ALL of them then be quiet. Tell us how much you like yours and give some examples of why you like it so well. Be honest and share the good and the bad if there is any. I say that because I have made some bad choices in smokers, but it is what it is (think electric and pellet). I want old school, tending a fire most of the time. If I don't then I'll use my Primo XL, which, by the way, is a great unit. Is it better than BGE? I have no idea as I've never cooked on one. :laugh:

Thanks for all the great info!

:bow:

Shoot. Did you check out Bubba Grills? They make them right here in GA as well (perhaps close to Camel Toe)...

www.bubbagrills.net

They were on display this weekend, tons of them, at Deep Roots Festival in Milledgeville (we're just down the road from Camel Toe, aren't we?)

Lonnie (Bubba of Bubba Grills) is known for stellar customer service and he happens to make a pretty darned good smoker. If you call or email him on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning and he doesn't answer immediately, odds are good that's because he's probably competing. He won Memphis In May ribs this past year.

I am leaving for Lang to pick up my 60 deluxe w/chargrill on Saturday morning, ive been in constant communication with Ben and have always been able to get in touch with someone on the phone.
I owned a 2nd gen 48 mobile before and the quality was top notch on that cooker thats why I chose to get another Lang when it was time to upgrade.

Back