THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have been thinking of getting a Komodo Joe primarily for pizza. You may of changed my mind. That looks good. Really good.

No idea how it will hold up, but I was surprised by the performance to say the least. Kamado Joe's are very nice too, and in a whole other category. Probably not as good at pizza, but an awesome grill and smoker to make up for it.

I decided to make something a little healthier than the pizza that I ate way too much of.

Roasted some chicken, and vegetables. Had cooked a little quinoa earlier. Threw the veggies on top of the quinoa, a little garlic mushroom oil, and several drops of hot sauce.

O1auQcSl.jpg

BTMN15Il.jpg

bJAL33Gl.jpg

Mr. Tony,

Did you buy this online or get it in the store? When I look on the website it says online only. Was just curious if some stores were carrying it or not.

Moose, You may be disappointed waiting for a new model. I don't think Blackstone even knows if/when they will have a new one out...

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=52254.0

That's insane. I didn't notice a US seller (didn't look that hard either) but $2,600 CAD for an upgraded Blackstone? There is a whole different range of competitors once you get into that price range and from a visual perspective at least I don't think it's going to do well.

Mr. Tony,

Did you buy this online or get it in the store? When I look on the website it says online only. Was just curious if some stores were carrying it or not.

I bought it at the store for $379. Now is the time to look. Others have told me they go down to around $300 at some point to clear out stock.

I replaced the floor last night with split firebricks. Was hoping to retain a little more heat for residual baking. The stones that came with it heat up really fast, which also means they cool down very fast.

Haven't cooked anything yet, but I think it may have done the trick. The firebricks heated up much slower, but I still had 600ish stone temps a half hour after the fire was pretty much out. 500 after an hour, and 350 or so after an hour and a half.

Pizzas look amazing! Thanks for posting. I would never have thought of looking at Sam's for a wood fired pizza oven! If my Blackstone starts acting up, I'm heading to Sams. :becky:

BTW: I just checked the Sams website. The cooker is priced at $429.91. You got a good deal.

Bruce

@whisky and @Moose, In regards to your message above, I just heard that Blackstone has discontinued their pizza ovens. (I don't remember where I heard that though)
Blackstone says they will continue to support and supply parts for the oven, but no new models are being made. I can't confirm or deny any truth to this, just passing on what I heard. (EDIT: I just clicked the link above.....nevermind)

@Free Mr. Tony, Nice looking pies!! I like these wood fired ovens, but stupid question....how do you get the splits started in there?

@whisky and @Moose, In regards to your message above, I just heard that Blackstone has discontinued their pizza ovens. (I don't remember where I heard that though)
Blackstone says they will continue to support and supply parts for the oven, but no new models are being made. I can't confirm or deny any truth to this, just passing on what I heard. (EDIT: I just clicked the link above.....nevermind)

@Free Mr. Tony, Nice looking pies!! I like these wood fired ovens, but stupid question....how do you get the splits started in there?

I use my weed burner with a little lighter hand than with the smokers.

I was looking at the Uuni but for a few dollars more that looks great!

I know there are alot of uuni diehards, but I'd be curious how many of them have used other equipment before. I'm pretty experienced in pizza making. As much or more than bbq. Unless I wanted something super portable, the uuni would be my last choice. I've used pretty much every kind of oven including uuni 3. It's just not the greatest setup for a really nice pizza imo.

Not saying it doesn't make good pizza, but it's more work with it than it should be. I have not used the gas burner which could change my mind, but the pellet version left alot to be desired for me at least.

Back