THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Sometimes the stars align and everything just falls into place - this was one of those times.

I made the pizza using a 1.3:1 dough ball from Trader Joe’s(1 dough ball divided into 3, then each 1/3 added to one full size dough ball for a total of 3 larger dough balls) with the intention of creating a thicker, heartier pie.

Dough was first stretched on the deck with a dusting of semolina flour, but once it got to about 10 inches, I had to get it up in the air using my hands to stretch it into a 14 inch round.

Then came a big dollop of my homemade sauce, spread evenly, with sliced provolone plus whole milk mozz, then added just cooked crumbled Italian sausage and pepperoni. Cooked at 650 degrees in the Blackstone.

Hot out of the oven:

4FEOnza.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat:

iCABeUv.jpg

This was everything I could have wanted from a pizza and more. I ate half the pizza.

Amen.

Pro style pie!!

I just missed out on a Craigslist new in box $200 obo BS pizza oven this weekend. Seeing your pie makes me want to jump in the pizza game rabbit hole!

Pro style pie!!

I just missed out on a Craigslist new in box $200 obo BS pizza oven this weekend. Seeing your pie makes me want to jump in the pizza game rabbit hole!

Sorry to hear you missed out on that opportunity - what happened? FYI, you can make really good pizza in your oven, especially if your oven can reach 550 or even 575 temps. A good stone or better yet, pizza steel is a must.

Back