THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's one I did the other night with 100% 00 flour. Was in the fridge for a couple extra days because of scheduling conflict so it was a little overproofed, but still turned out pretty well.

lb2Uvihl.jpg

I finally tracked one of these down but wont be able to play with it until next week due to work. This is a brand new adventure for me, Ive used an egg fro 10 plus years but never a legit wood fired oven, plus ive never made pizza dough from scratch, I may be in over my head! Ill probably start a new topic documenting my adventures.

Mr. Tony if you've learned anything new since you've had it id love to hear about it.

Thanks!

I finally tracked one of these down but wont be able to play with it until next week due to work. This is a brand new adventure for me, Ive used an egg fro 10 plus years but never a legit wood fired oven, plus ive never made pizza dough from scratch, I may be in over my head! Ill probably start a new topic documenting my adventures.

Mr. Tony if you've learned anything new since you've had it id love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Make the dough as much as you can, and it becomes second nature like anything else. You can whip up a batch of any size in less than 45 minutes, and that includes a 20 minute autolyse step. So about 20 minutes or so of active work in making it. It's not hard at all, but experience is the only way you will get better. Depending on the type of pizza you want to make (ny, neo, Detroit, etc) I can give you any tips you want.

It's simple to run. I wouldnt try to cook super hot on your first try. Less room for error the hotter you get. Cook around 600-700, and tweak from there.

I did replace the floor with firebrick in mine for better heat retention. I've only cooked pizza once since the change. The retained heat worked well, but it threw the top bottom balance off a bit. I need to dial it in some more with the bricks.

nPUTwINl.jpg

Thanks!

So ive cooked twice on it now, first cook was a mildly successful pork loin and veggies in a CI pan, just trying to learn the fire and heat. Second cook was two mildly successful pizzas, definitely learned a lot in the first two rounds. Im going to cook pizza again one night this week, after that ill post up some photos, along with all of my learning.

The dough is still the big struggle for me, I made a recipe that was just OK, and there is lots of opinions out there on dough. Im not going to be fully satisfied until I hit the dough type that I want. If you've ever had deweys pizza that is essentially where im trying to get to.

I have been thinking of getting a Komodo Joe primarily for pizza. You may of changed my mind. That looks good. Really good.

To quote, I think, Jeff Foxworthy :: That's like buying a 747 to get free peanuts.

Back