THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Trader Joe's just opened up about 1/2 hour from me. Line out the door every time I drive by. I want to try that dough. Nice looking pies, sir.

Sorry to hear you missed out on that opportunity - what happened? FYI, you can make really good pizza in your oven, especially if your oven can reach 550 or even 575 temps. A good stone or better yet, pizza steel is a must.

I was the second caller and missed out on the oven. Oh well, I’ve had my share of CL luck and plenty that got away too.

Thanks for the info, I typically cook my pies in a LBGE because my oven does not perform well at those temps.

Man that looks good! I could easily eat half of that.

Care to share your sauce recipe?

Here you go:

Authentic Pizzeria Sauce:

Pizza sauce should NEVER be cooked, as the sauce will cook when the pizza is baking. Cooking pizza sauce will cause the sauce to lose its bright flavor.

The ingredient variables in this recipe are oregano and crushed red pepper, and can be adjusted to your individual taste.

One 28oz can high quality crushed plum tomatoes (I prefer San Marzano brand, but Cento is very good)
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 -3 tsp crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp crushed oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp olive oil

For a smoother sauce, blend ½ or more of the tomatoes prior to mixing with other ingredients. Mix everything together in a bowl, then let sit at least 2 hours before using . Makes enough for 3-4 12-14 inch pizzas.

Back