Not smoked ...but oh so tasty!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Panfried Perch, Hushpuppies n Slaw..

Brethren Boatnut (Mike) sent an ice chest of perch and walleye to me last month, It was a great suprise. :becky:
Thank you again Mike!!

002-2-1.jpg

005-5-1.jpg

The perch filets were ready to cook, I scored the skin to keep them from curling while frying..

002-1-1.jpg

I made a light coating of flour, cornmeal, cayenne pepper, salt and lemon pepper..

fried til golden and crisp...

008-3-1.jpg

made some hushpuppies with whole kernal corn, minced onions and minced jalapenos..

010-3-1.jpg

012-2-1.jpg

The panfried perch, jalapeno hushpuppies and slaw...

cbe89885-1.jpg

030-2-1.jpg

The perch were sooooo tasty!!

029-1.jpg

Thanks so much Mike, I appreciate your kindness.

Between Mike's perch and the walleye that Phesant (Ken) sent last month, I think I might need to move north. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Man-O-Man that looks good, not you have got me wanting to go out and eat fish which I have not had in a long while. Thanks for the post.

Cowgirl you did it again. Nice work. I'm a huge fan of any kind of fish especially perch or walleye or halibut or flounder or....................

Cowgirl you did it again. Nice work. I'm a huge fan of any kind of fish especially perch or walleye or halibut or flounder or....................

Very nice Jeanie. Looks like a fantastic meal. I love fresh fish, hushpuppies, and slaw looks soooo good. Thanks for the post neighbor!

Thanks friends!
It was so nice of Mike to send the fish... he's one heck of a good Brethren. :thumb:

That looks really tasty! I'm gonna have to break out the tip ups and get out on the ice for some perch!
I'd love to try ice fishing some day.... :-D

Great job as always CG - fresh lake perch is off the chain delicious! Makes me long for my Hoosier home!
Fat Woody, this was my first taste of perch like this.. I think I love em. lol

To Lynnwood, Washington?

Great looking food, Jeanie! :p

Michael, do they have perch in your area? I bet the fishing is outstanding in Washington. :cool:

Thanks so much everybody... they were tasty!

That is the ultimate looking fish meal to me Jeanie.
I love fish!
Never had hush puppies before but I would love to try some of yours.

Dang SWSW, CEBTM, & MMD..... that sure is a nice plate of fish....and I like the hushpuppies :-D

Nicely done Jeanie.... Very Nicely Done

And your welcome up here any time :thumb:

Cowgirl, awesome looking fish! Will you get to know my wife and teach her to love cooking like you?

lol Thanks Bo, I bet your Mrs is an excellent cook. :thumb:

That is the ultimate looking fish meal to me Jeanie.
I love fish!
Never had hush puppies before but I would love to try some of yours.

Thank you Mike, I think you would like hushpuppies, hope you get to try them someday. :-D

Dang SWSW, CEBTM, & MMD..... that sure is a nice plate of fish....and I like the hushpuppies :-D

Nicely done Jeanie.... Very Nicely Done

And your welcome up here any time :thumb:

Hey HWSW, CEBTM, BASTMF and ISK, Thank you again for the walleye... I still haven't recovered from how good those were..
You and Mike need to move over and make way for another angler up there. lol
Thanks Ken. :-D

Jeanie,
There is nothing on the plate that does not look fantastic. I grew up catching perch in TX and still love them. Your post reminded me of the wonderful suppers my mom made for us when we brought home a batch. Thank you.

Of course, my mom made hushpuppies, but not jalapeno ones. You're look awesome. Again, I am amazed at your abilities.

Back