Some Catfish n Hushpuppies

Ice out here at the lake was yesterday but the grandkids tried for some cat over the weekend along the edges and came up empty which is definatly out of the norm.
We had a fish fry on Friday night from last years stock, only have one more bag of fish left.
Come on spawn weather.
Ed

I have a weak spot for catfish. That's one of those foods that really gets me - I love that stuff. Great post Jeanie - just lovely and serene. It's really nice to see that you're having a good time over there in OK - great stuff! :clap2:

Thank you Mike, bbqgeekess and Zilla!
Marty, hope you get to go again sometime. :)
Thanks Sliding Billy! :)

So VERRRY NICE! I have a freezer full of crappie that needs cookin.They are starting to bite again around here.Out with the old/ in with the new.Awesome pics/ girl!

Hoss your crappie sound great! Hope I catch a few this spring. Thank you!!

Another Jeaniusz classic!
I'd love to have that for breakPhast right now...I have to skip the bottle of "YOURS" cause I'm at work.:thumb:
Thanks Phu! I remembered to take a pic of "MINE" for you. :-D

Jeanie, your food and the scenery were almost as beautiful as you. Almost. Thanks for sharing. When the days are that nice, OT catching anything doesn't hurt as much.

Dan... thanks so much friend!! :hug:

Food always seems to taste better when camping. And yours looks outstanding. Beautiful views too.

Sam thanks!! I sure do agree with ya. Everything seems to taste better over a campfire. :-D

Wow that looks so good. I have not had catfish fried while camping in many years.
I laughed pretty hard when I saw your coozy cup labeled "mine" because I had one identical to yours with "MINE" on it but somebody else thought MINE meant "Theirs".
lol I have had my "MINE" for several years. I have to touch up the "MINE" every couple of years but the koozie part is holding up. I can't find a plain Koozie to make a new one, they all have writing on them.
Thanks Q Junkie!

Cowgirl you always manage to make me hungry. As an avid camper as well, the lake pics really put me in the mood to leave town. Thanks for sharing

that looks awesome Jen.... now those are some good looking hushpuppies.... and the catfish looks great too!!!!!! what a beautiful view at the lake... . I have some bass that I might just cook tonight since you got fish on my mind again.... I just ate catfish three days ago but I never get too much of it..... :)

Paul thank you! I've seen your catfish and puppies, I know you can cook circles around me!! Lookin' forward to seeing your bass cook if you post. Bet they will be awesome!! Thanks again... :)

Thank you Jed!!

Jeanie, we love a big mess of fried fish here and good planning on taking some with you.

Surprised that the temps were so low but that's a fine lookin' campfire!

Charles I froze on the first night. Next night I wrapped in an extra blanket, my sleeping bag, snuggie and warm sox. Worked out a lot better! lol
Thanks Charles... :)

TwistedLefty, thanks! Hope you take pics when you go. :-D

Gary thank you!! :)
Blue, I like the way you think! :-D
Thank you Ed!! Sounds like you're livin' the good life!
TexasRT, thanks! One of my favorite things to do... nice and quiet out there. :)

I have a weak spot for catfish. That's one of those foods that really gets me - I love that stuff. Great post Jeanie - just lovely and serene. It's really nice to see that you're having a good time over there in OK - great stuff! :clap2:
Thanks Greg! Glad to hear you're a catfish fan too. It's good stuff. :-D
Enjoyed your Texas trip pics.. really awesome!! Hope you had a safe trip home. :)

Mrtodd thanks!! It's got to be one of my favorite meals! :)

Cowgirl, you live a SWEET life. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you TBASS! I do feel pretty lucky. I enjoy the simple, quiet life.

You really know how to do it Jeanie, in more ways than one!

KC
Thank you KC! :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Cowgirl you always manage to make me hungry. As an avid camper as well, the lake pics really put me in the mood to leave town. Thanks for sharing

Thank you drumdawg! Hope you get to go soon! Would love to see your camp pics if you get the time.

How are you going to catch anything with unattended fishing polls. I glad you marked your beer that way no one better grab it :-D Outrageous meal as always and that setting is perfect Moon was amazing over the water Very peaceful I have great memories goi ng to a catfish place with my mother in FL It was in anold auto shop I was the only one that would go with her No in door plumbing and red and white purina checkerboard vinyl table clothes My kind of place and awesome catfish

How are you going to catch anything with unattended fishing polls. I glad you marked your beer that way no one better grab it :-D Outrageous meal as always and that setting is perfect Moon was amazing over the water Very peaceful I have great memories goi ng to a catfish place with my mother in FL It was in anold auto shop I was the only one that would go with her No in door plumbing and red and white purina checkerboard vinyl table clothes My kind of place and awesome catfish
George you are right. :) Half the time I had too much weight on the line too. :-D
The auto shop sounds like my kind of place. Bet the food was great!! Thanks George! :-D

Adams thank you!!!! :becky:

Back