THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The meal looks great and I really like your cooking utensils, the cast iron has the best
seasoning, the cooking great over the tractor rim, "we have the same rim for the
fire ring."
I grew up on the water,so I love the outdoorsy theme of you cook outs.

That's outstanding. That's how I do quail (open pit) as well. Best way to prepare it IMO.

Thanks for posting Jeanie!

You knocked another one out of the ballpark Jen!!!!!!!!! Awesome, why do I always see this stuff right when I wake up and am so hungry!!!!! Heck it would not matter I would gobble that down even if I had just ate a 10 course meal

Thanks friends! You're all invited to the next camp out. Bring lawn chairs, tall tales and your beverage of choice. :mrgreen:

Bob, you're the one who needs to adopt me!!

George, I finally got a dishwasher but I DO need someone to vacuum and carry heavy stuff. You're hired! :thumb:

Bob in St Louis... This was the only time I had the chance to camp this summer. I wish I could have spent more time out there. :-D

Thanks again everybody! I hope to replenish my quail and venison stash soon. :)

The meal looks great and I really like your cooking utensils, the cast iron has the best
seasoning, the cooking great over the tractor rim, "we have the same rim for the
fire ring."
I grew up on the water,so I love the outdoorsy theme of you cook outs.

dport, it sounds like you had a great childhood! Water and outdoor cooking... just love the combo. Thanks!

Absolutely delicious Jeannie! I'm headed out camping this weekend and I can guarantee that nothing I eat will look even 1/10th that good!
Jason, Sounds great! Wish I could go too.

Cowgirl, you do know that I hate you! :wink: I haven't had quail since I lived in Oklahoma. The family farm was just outside of Kingfisher, and we sure had a lot of quail on the property. Oh the memories... thanks for the pics.
lol Thanks Sawbones. I go through Kingfisher pretty often on my way to Ok city. :thumb:

Serious skills there Jeanie! :shocked:

And cooking skills aside, it really looks like a downright pleasant way to spend the day/night - just fantastic! :clap2:

dport, it sounds like you had a great childhood! Water and outdoor cooking... just love the combo. Thanks!

Your welcome and your right, it was a great childhood that spilled over into
adulthood. My children and now my grandchildren are living that dream.

We have a two and a half acre pond on our property that gets well used
by all, fishin swimin, cookin on the water, such a blessing.

Keep up the pics of your adventures, I sure do like them.

Back