Not smoked ...but oh so tasty!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Panfried Perch, Hushpuppies n Slaw..

Brethren Boatnut (Mike) sent an ice chest of perch and walleye to me last month, It was a great suprise. :becky:
Thank you again Mike!!

002-2-1.jpg

005-5-1.jpg

The perch filets were ready to cook, I scored the skin to keep them from curling while frying..

002-1-1.jpg

I made a light coating of flour, cornmeal, cayenne pepper, salt and lemon pepper..

fried til golden and crisp...

008-3-1.jpg

made some hushpuppies with whole kernal corn, minced onions and minced jalapenos..

010-3-1.jpg

012-2-1.jpg

The panfried perch, jalapeno hushpuppies and slaw...

cbe89885-1.jpg

030-2-1.jpg

The perch were sooooo tasty!!

029-1.jpg

Thanks so much Mike, I appreciate your kindness.

Between Mike's perch and the walleye that Phesant (Ken) sent last month, I think I might need to move north. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Man-O-Man that looks good, not you have got me wanting to go out and eat fish which I have not had in a long while. Thanks for the post.

Walleye I think those look great the way they are Perched on the plate; they
probably tasted even batter.:mrgreen:

Wonderful job!

We had breaded fish fillets tonight too, but ours were Gortons. :icon_blush:

You know what, posts like this might actually tempt me to eat fish on Fridays for Lent this year!:shock: What will willkat do?

Cowgirl you did it again. Nice work. I'm a huge fan of any kind of fish especially perch or walleye or halibut or flounder or....................

That looks really tasty! I'm gonna have to break out the tip ups and get out on the ice for some perch!

Great job as always CG - fresh lake perch is off the chain delicious! Makes me long for my Hoosier home!

Cowgirl you did it again. Nice work. I'm a huge fan of any kind of fish especially perch or walleye or halibut or flounder or....................

Very nice Jeanie. Looks like a fantastic meal. I love fresh fish, hushpuppies, and slaw looks soooo good. Thanks for the post neighbor!

Thanks friends!
It was so nice of Mike to send the fish... he's one heck of a good Brethren. :thumb:

That looks really tasty! I'm gonna have to break out the tip ups and get out on the ice for some perch!
I'd love to try ice fishing some day.... :-D

Great job as always CG - fresh lake perch is off the chain delicious! Makes me long for my Hoosier home!
Fat Woody, this was my first taste of perch like this.. I think I love em. lol

To Lynnwood, Washington?

Great looking food, Jeanie! :p

Michael, do they have perch in your area? I bet the fishing is outstanding in Washington. :cool:

Thanks so much everybody... they were tasty!

Cowgirl, awesome looking fish! Will you get to know my wife and teach her to love cooking like you?

That is the ultimate looking fish meal to me Jeanie.
I love fish!
Never had hush puppies before but I would love to try some of yours.

Dang SWSW, CEBTM, & MMD..... that sure is a nice plate of fish....and I like the hushpuppies :-D

Nicely done Jeanie.... Very Nicely Done

And your welcome up here any time :thumb:

Cowgirl, awesome looking fish! Will you get to know my wife and teach her to love cooking like you?

lol Thanks Bo, I bet your Mrs is an excellent cook. :thumb:

That is the ultimate looking fish meal to me Jeanie.
I love fish!
Never had hush puppies before but I would love to try some of yours.

Thank you Mike, I think you would like hushpuppies, hope you get to try them someday. :-D

Dang SWSW, CEBTM, & MMD..... that sure is a nice plate of fish....and I like the hushpuppies :-D

Nicely done Jeanie.... Very Nicely Done

And your welcome up here any time :thumb:

Hey HWSW, CEBTM, BASTMF and ISK, Thank you again for the walleye... I still haven't recovered from how good those were..
You and Mike need to move over and make way for another angler up there. lol
Thanks Ken. :-D

Jeanie,
There is nothing on the plate that does not look fantastic. I grew up catching perch in TX and still love them. Your post reminded me of the wonderful suppers my mom made for us when we brought home a batch. Thank you.

Of course, my mom made hushpuppies, but not jalapeno ones. You're look awesome. Again, I am amazed at your abilities.

Back