Work Sharp Ken Onion

I wanted the Ken Onion, but I think I'll go with the Mk2. The extra 40 bucks for the KO simply buys options I won't use.

It's funny that Lowes lowered the price $30 to get it to the same price that it sells for elsewhere. And the sale ends tomorrow.

I bought the Ken Onion one at least 5 years ago and it's still sitting on my workbench in the box. Okay, that's not true, I think I opened the box and looked inside . . . :doh:

I've been very impressed with my Ken Onion. I've got both editions - the fixed blade and manual belt version where you have to hold the angle. Life's too short for wet stones.

Just make sure you learn how to use it properly. I didn't, and messed up a few of my good knives thinking I had it figured out.

A really slick accessory for your sharpening system are angle guides for your hone. Since I sharpen my own knives, I tend to use a slightly lower angle than recommended. When it comes to free-style honing, many people assume they can select a 14° or 16° or 18°, but in all reality they might be off by 5° or more. You simply rest your knife against the guide, then use a pull stroke. It only takes about 3 slow strokes on each side to restore your edge.

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/...E1f5l_uoY9TAe33PJc2bZ92RP-E_zazsaAr7IEALw_wcB

I bought the Ken Onion one at least 5 years ago and it's still sitting on my workbench in the box. Okay, that's not true, I think I opened the box and looked inside . . . :doh:
Same here. I may try my luck if I get "wintered in"! :mrgreen:

I have a KO with the attachment, I will never be without one.

Touched up a 3 blade stockman last night to shaving sharp in 5 minutes or maybe a little better.

Back