THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charlesgriet
Today I was testing my Work Sharp Ken onion knife sharpener with leather belts. I highly recommend getting the sharpening system. It will get your knives so sharp you can perform an autopsy on a maggot. My fish fillet knife will be good and sharp for trimming this brisket and ribs Friday. What knives do y'all prefer to use for trimming?

39rn9f8.jpg

I have a knife collection but these are the ones I use for prepping food. They are all inexpensive knives and I use an AccuSharp hand sharpener. They are plenty sharp for my needs.

I love old-school cleavers. I've been wanting to get a clever designed for tactical...fixed blade and a folder LOL

I just got 10 new knives today. Got a 8" 6" chef's knife 8" bread knife 6" utility 12" duo edge roast slicer and 12" scalloped roast slicer all Dexter sani safe. Also got 5" straight stiff boning knife 6" semi flex curved and 6" stiff curved F. Dick Expert Grip 2k and a 4" F.Dick poultry knife. The F.Dick grips are down right awesome and the blades are top notch as well.

I have a bunch of knives, but these are my favorites:
picture.php

Left to right:
Richmond Fanatic Chinese Cleaver (an absolute razor)
K. Sabatier Au Carbone Knives - Carbon steel knives are somewhat scarce in the US, so I used Google Translate to communicate with the factory in Thiers, France and order directly. I had them professionally sharpened at Coultier in New Orleans. They are dangerously sharp as well. Like stick to the cutting board sharp.

My collection of Japanese knives:
05jFY93h.png

With my natural stone sharpening setup
U82sCwth.png

I also have a Global SS knife I got as a Christmas gift - it now gets most of the work but it is not as sharp as the carbon steel stuff.

Mine are in a box somewhere in a storage building while we still have the new house under construction.

My main set in the block is Wolfgang Puck's first set on HSN. I would put them on par with my relatives Wusthoff and Henckels. His newer stuff not so much. My main bbq knives are 14" Granton (somebody mishandled during party :mad:) and new Mercer curved boning knife. Is inexpensive but rated highly in a bunch of different pages. I love this little knife, it's like a razor.

Last edited:
These are the only knives I reach for when I trim or cut up raw meat. The red one happened to be the sharpest today, so I used it a couple of hours ago for my 24 lb brisket. It came with some multicolored siblings for other purposes.

Last edited:
Back