THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And the uncooked parts are useful too!

the_godfather_horse_head.jpg

Wish I had the storage space y'all have but won't park a car outside to have a stockpile of charcoal. Most have ever had was four bags and am down to one and a half. Guess will add charcoal to the shopping list. Living in the 'burbs involves a weekly run to Home Depot or Lowe's so no biggie grabbing a bag as needed.

Do have a four foot long woodrack full of oak and and a dwindling pile of pecan wood.

Do have a six briskets in the freezer, a fridge full of various beers and several bottles of bourbon.

Wish I had the storage space y'all have but won't park a car outside to have a stockpile of charcoal. Most have ever had was four bags and am down to one and a half. Guess will add charcoal to the shopping list. Living in the 'burbs involves a weekly run to Home Depot or Lowe's so no biggie grabbing a bag as needed.

Do have a four foot long woodrack full of oak and and a dwindling pile of pecan wood.

Do have a six briskets in the freezer, a fridge full of various beers and several bottles of bourbon.

10 foot half cord rack for my Shirley ! Will start new thread showing my delivery today

I have more charcoal than wood. Probably have 1/4 cord. Yes Jeff...I know...I should be ashamed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

and then you make me think why do I have 4 cords of wood and another cord of cherry on order . :crazy:

I think I'm more inclined to hoard wood than I am charcoal now. You can't just run down to the hardware store and buy more well seasoned, dry wood in a pinch like you can charcoal.
Having fought running a fire using too green wood, I don't want to find myself in that scenario again.

But I also get taking advantage of charcoal sales when it's like 25 cents a pound, too.

Reading this thread I realized I'm out of coal and have a dinner grill planned.

Off to the store!

I think I'm more inclined to hoard wood than I am charcoal now. You can't just run down to the hardware store and buy more well seasoned, dry wood in a pinch like you can charcoal.
Having fought running a fire using too green wood, I don't want to find myself in that scenario again.

But I also get taking advantage of charcoal sales when it's like 25 cents a pound, too.

Nicely put. As if I wasn't pushing marital limits already, thinking about getting a second wood rack so I can have the chance to season 6-12 months as Franklin does

That's a very easy answer. If it has rained on your wood pile for several days, just use up some of that charcoal. No problem. You could be like some folks that I read about, "my power went off" or better yet, "my heating element went out". Those are the folks that are really in bad shape.

It's not about the number of trips. If you use a good amount of charcoal, it's all about NEVER paying full retail. In the case of Kbb, RO and the like, get enough during a sale to last you until the next sale. With the Weber and the Char Broil charcoal, this might have been a once in a lifetime thing, so grab​ all you could get and find room for it.

Grabbed all this even though I already had 10 bags of Kbb, 4 bags of RO and 4 bags of Stubbs.

To PJ, the reason you have 40 bags of charcoal is because you couldn't find the 25 or so additional bags at that one Target. I'm thinking a manager was keeping them for himself or something :)
f80dfeaef28a245d528025a247ac771b.jpg
b8e8df23772b1846fc0adf400922d684.jpg
c3f6d176faaab61740a3bbd289ad92e3.jpg
b53007dcb05796ab19b839e20418832f.jpg
ec06721d442792e7da93e4c0f078916f.jpg
895070486589c29f6489a053a685b11d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, probably between 50 and 60 bags right now. That might change if/when Lowe's and Home Depot start putting the Weber charcoal on clearance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back