What should I make for the North Texas Spring Bash?

Pencil me in for supplies and a dessert then.

P.S. If anyone wants to get adventurous with something that wouldn't take us all day to cook (like a packer), we could do a "trisket." I'm thinking I am the only one there that has had one, so you'd be in for a treat.

Heck Chris, I cook an 18lb packer in less than four hours. How quick you need this thing cooked?

Smoke us up some Wagyu Briskets ..........:thumb:

Find someone to donate one and I will do my best to not fark it up :wink:

They are not all over $100. We buy waygu cheaper than some buy prime. That being said... people around here typically prefer Angus or Hereford..... or more pointedly the cross breed "black baldy".

Hawg, finalize them plans to come on down and show us an 18 lb black baldy cooked in 4 hours! I always love brisket pointers! :wink:

So, what was in the running again? Oh, that's right...

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Guerry's Meatloaf
Jerk Chicken
"Trisket" (Tri-tip cooked like a brisket)
Jersket/Trerk (Jerk Tri-tip cooked like a brisket)
Bacon crack

Additional nominees are encouraged. Selection will come as the bash gets closer...

So, what was in the running again? Oh, that's right...

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Guerry's Meatloaf
Jerk Chicken
Bacon crack

Additional nominees are encouraged. Selection will come as the bash gets closer...
Guerre's Meatloaf! Stop messin with Texas!:-D

I removed Guerry's meatloaf from the running to simplify potential ingredients. No offense, Guerry, just might be a bit ingredient intensive for camping.

I also did some re-arranging of the nominees in order of their current ranking in my mind :wink:

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Bacon crack
Jerk Chicken

Are you thinking the pie would be store bought or cooked for the bash? I am happy to go get the pie at Village Bakery and bring it.

Are you thinking the pie would be store bought or cooked for the bash? I am happy to go get the pie at Village Bakery and bring it.
I was gonna bake it in Colt, though it will depend on timing of whatever else I choose.

I was gonna bake it in Colt, though it will depend on timing of whatever else I choose.

Don't forget the chocolate. :becky:

Attachments

• 539615_732598160100321_235302794_n.jpg
    539615_732598160100321_235302794_n.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 1385727_732598133433657_454224202_n.jpg
    1385727_732598133433657_454224202_n.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 58
I don't think I have a source for calf fries :wink: But Smitty is in charge of the fatty :becky:

You never responded about cooking the pie at the same time as the meat...should I wait until meat is wrapped or done? And
maybe wipe out any drippings prior to cooking?

rudolph's on elm in deep ellum carries calf fries, if you are ever that far south

rudolph's on elm in deep ellum carries calf fries, if you are ever that far south
Shhhh! :tape:

Even though ol' supertramp found a source, I ain't cookin' 'em and I ain't eatin' 'em if I know what they are.

I can be suckered into eating something that looks delish if I don't know what it is, but I might be suspect of you farkers now :wink:

That's just nuts!

Hmmmm . . . peeps better watch where he sits his beer. Might find something scarier than a yellowjacket in it . ..
A calf fry secretly integrated into a fatty...maybe a delicious surprise and a happy, laughing peeps when let in on the surprise. :laugh:

Calf fry dropped into a perfectly good beer...a not so happy peeps! :mad2:

They need to be fresh and are best fried on the branding iron box then doused with a little hot sauce and gut washed with a Cold beer, Preferably Lonestar.

Back