THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris, Peeps has got Plenty of room in his SS2, and I will probally bring UDS plus my Converted Cabinet.

Plus don't you own a Kettle?

Pencil me in for supplies and a dessert then.

P.S. If anyone wants to get adventurous with something that wouldn't take us all day to cook (like a packer), we could do a "trisket." I'm thinking I am the only one there that has had one, so you'd be in for a treat.
A "trisket"? Enlighten us...

I can bring a salad with low fat dressing.....:p

I hope the weekend selected works out this time for the family.
Hope you can make it and bring a salad with low fat dressing...thought Tasha might fight all you sumbishes to make sure she gets it all! :wink:

Unless salad and low fat dressing is code for meat, more meat, and greasy meat juices.

Chris, Peeps has got Plenty of room in his SS2, and I will probally bring UDS plus my Converted Cabinet.

Plus don't you own a Kettle?
Chris, there will be plenty of cooking space, I'm sure.

Smitty, I think his main issue is transport. If he brought his Kettle plus cooking supplies, one of his boys might end up tied to the roof of his Genesis Coupe. :becky:

Since alla y'alls is in Texas, I think you should cook a small pig. Just to break the monotony.
I'll let someone else take that on.

If the pavillions at IdB are like they were at Johnson Branch, there is a large open grill...would just need to rig up a spit.

Calf-fry stuffed fatty's with a habenero avocado dipping sauce

Calf-fry stuffed fatty's with a habenero avocado dipping sauce
I don't think I have a source for calf fries :wink: But Smitty is in charge of the fatty :becky:

You never responded about cooking the pie at the same time as the meat...should I wait until meat is wrapped or done? And maybe wipe out any drippings prior to cooking?

I am going to try and plan on making this one. Sounds like a lot of fun. My wife's homemade banana pudding and cold beveraes is what we can provide. I know this is a bbq event, but I have TONS of catfish filets. I might just bring the fryer and make some good ole fried whisker fish. Mix things up a bit!

I am going to try and plan on making this one. Sounds like a lot of fun. My wife's homemade banana pudding and cold beveraes is what we can provide. I know this is a bbq event, but I have TONS of catfish filets. I might just bring the fryer and make some good ole fried whisker fish. Mix things up a bit!
That sounds good. Put your name in the list on the official thread in my signature. A fish fry goes perfect with BBQ, IMO!

There they are... and you know I love me some point too. The great thing about the trisket is that it is the best of both worlds, moist (even without the fat) like a point but fall apart tender like a flat.

I wish it was a little closer (4+ hours), would love to attend, plus I am going to be at TX Motor Speedway for a swap meet April 25-26th. 2 trips that close won't be doable (is this a word?). Sound like a great time!:sad:

I wish it was a little closer (4+ hours), would love to attend, plus I am going to be at TX Motor Speedway for a swap meet April 25-26th. 2 trips that close won't be doable (is this a word?). Sound like a great time!:sad:
Not sure where in TX you are, but one of the Austin guys was talking about trying to schedule something.

Would love if you could make it out, but I understand the issue of the drive and the dual trips. You could always just skip the swap meet :wink: You never know when another Texas bash might be!

Back