What should I make for the North Texas Spring Bash?

They need to be fresh and are best fried on the branding iron box then doused with a little hot sauce and gut washed with a Cold beer, Preferably Lonestar.
Why don't you come show us how it's done? :wink:

And I barely recognized you!

A calf fry secretly integrated into a fatty...maybe a delicious surprise and a happy, laughing peeps when let in on the surprise. :laugh:

Calf fry dropped into a perfectly good beer...a not so happy peeps! :mad2:

Wait until tat tequila bottle is emptied a bit, and my guess is you'll eat them happily (and enjoy them).

Wasn't planning on cooking there but can cook something the night before and bring it. Maybe smoke a butt and make tamales? Chicken enchiladas? Four cheese smoked mac? Frijoles borrachos? Smoked meatloaf? What are you guys hungry for?

Not foolin' me on the calf fries, learned that trick when I was 7-8.

Wasn't planning on cooking there but can cook something the night before and bring it. Maybe smoke a butt and make tamales? Chicken enchiladas? Four cheese smoked mac? Frijoles borrachos? Smoked meatloaf? What are you guys hungry for?
Yes :wink:

j/k, it all sounds great! Pick the one you do best, IMO.

Looking like we will have a couple beef dinner items (brisket/tri-tip), so I scratched some items off the list and figure I better do a lunch item...

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie (Dinner Dessert)

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Jerk Chicken
Bacon crack

I will be making fatties and biscuits for breakfast....

Additional nominees are encouraged. Selection will come as the bash gets closer...

Ooooh...I was just looking for something a bit different and remembered that I made a lamb loaf once that was great! Bet it would be awesome in the smoker and I could prep it all ahead of time and vac seal it to just throw on the smoker...

Lamb mentioned and no response from sliding_billy? The forum MUST be broken :wink:

Back