What should I make for the North Texas Spring Bash?

Also, don't feel like you have to stay a long time. It is just good to be able to meet the local brothers. I had family commitments in the morning and afternoon last time and brought my kids for a couple of hours. I am really glad that I did.
Exactly! :wink:

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Guerry's Meatloaf
Jerk Chicken
"Trisket" (Tri-tip cooked like a brisket)
Jersket/Trerk (Jerk Tri-tip cooked like a brisket)

Additional nominees are encouraged. Selection will come as the bash gets closer...

Peeps - Have you ever had the Uncle Dub's (Bourbon Pecan Pie) from Village Bakery in West? Awesome (as is everything they do there)! I go down there a few of times a year just to get a full pie and a bunch of kolache and other pastries. Can't stand the "gas station" on 35 (whose name shall not be spoken).

It has been a while since I have stopped at any place other than the GSO35WNSNBS in West. Though I will have to hit up VB next time I make a trip to Austin and need a stop in West.

I am OK with Gerick's (especially if looking for stuff other than pastries and pie). Village Bakery runs a permanent $15 or $30 Yelp deal though, so I can't pass off half off whenever I go there.

bump for more ideas!

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Guerry's Meatloaf
Jerk Chicken

Additional nominees are encouraged. Selection will come as the bash gets closer...

Pascal Manales Cajun BBQ Shrimp

shrimp boiled in chicken stock, beer, butter, onion, white black and red pepper with Tobasco and Worchestishire.

Peel shrimp and wrap in French or sourdough bread. Dip in Juice.

Pascal Manales Cajun BBQ Shrimp

shrimp boiled in chicken stock, beer, butter, onion, white black and red pepper with Tobasco and Worchestishire.

Peel shrimp and wrap in French or sourdough bread. Dip in Juice.
Sounds good, but I'll leave out Cajun ideas until we hear from Toast and know 100% he ain't coming. I'm sure he'd do it much better than I :wink:

Psst....you aren't THAT far! Join us! :wink:

Peeps you probally should do that Gourmet Chuckie Stuff

AND Potato Bombs. :mrgreen:
That is a possibility...

Potato bombs are new to me. Seems like too much potato and not enough filling just using an apple corer...know what I mean? :wink:

Yeah, we can work out the details (of who gets them, cooks them and what type) but beef shorts is a must I think. They are too prefect for grabbing and eating to not have them at this style get together.

Smitty wants smoked SPAM again, but I'm NOT doing that as I wasn't a fan.

Perhaps it should be brined, injected, and rubbed first? :noidea: :wink:

Nah. Needs dates, is all.
So, would you cut open the dates and cut them into strips to make a date weave to wrap the SPAM or would you poke some holes in the SPAM and stuff the dates in the SPAM? :wink:

Either way, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... :shocked:

So, what was in the running again? Oh, that's right...

Selected
Bourbon Pecan Pie

Other nominees
Beef Short Ribs
Guerry's Meatloaf
Jerk Chicken
Bacon crack

Back