THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live oak,almond,and mulberry because I can get it for free. I live in an agg area so I can also get apple cherry grape and wine infused oak.

I love using apple. pecan and mesquite. I would like try some peach. There's lots of avocado trees around my area. Has anyone cooked with avocado wood?

Usually keawe which is similar to mesquite more milder though supposedly and also have a TON of guava I can get for free but I cooked with it once and it has a sharp smokey flavor. Never tried mango or lychee but would love to try lychee. Not so much mango since I don't want anyone with an allergy getting an allergy cause of me.

My go-to is Pecan. So far that's all I have burned in my Shirley. I have unlimited supply of pecan and I love it so there I go. I keep a small reserve of nearly everything in chunks to play with in my UDS and Green Eggs. Peach, apple, cherry, pecan, red oak, white oak, hickory and some JD chips.

Back