THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
I picked up a couple of these single ribs at my grocery store and want to smoke them tomorrow. They cut half of them off the bone, folded it back and tied it (Manhattan style, whatever that is?). I'm just wondering if it will just unnecessarily add to the cook time, and provide less surface for smoke and seasoning. I'm tempted to just untie it and tie it back onto the bone. What say the brethren??

EpAwZou.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Phunny, never seen before. Considering that they generally "ball up" all on thier own I wouldnt want to pay any premium for the cut and tie job.

I agree, plan a little extra time and smoke as is-good luck and post the pics when done.

I think that looks pretty cool myself.. i am gonna trim and tie mine that way next time..cool presentation...

Back