THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks El Ropo!
It sounds right to me as well so that's why I'm doing it for 1,5 years.:becky:

Normally I don't use a diPhuser/Phat dripping collector...but I want to do it this time.
I want to use it for containing the pulled pork in the Phreezer.

Well...you Brethren have tought me wrong then...maybe!:p
This thermo has a short stem and I thought I was supposed to aim at 190F-200F (on the thermo) and add about 25F-30F to know the temp of the center of the grate.
Right now it's hovering at 200F...just where I want it.

*edit*...only the ball valve open for intake and still hovering at 200F.

HZ, It's hard to tell at what level your grill thermo is at. My advise would be to put a small hole right at the grill level you want to measure the temp at. Then put a digital thermometer probe through the hole and get true accurate readings at the grate level. :idea:

As far as cooking pork shoulder I would recommend at least 250F.

By the way, the marbling of the pork in this pic, on the right side, is one amazing piece of meat. :thumb:

IMG_3260.jpg

HZ, It's hard to tell at what level your grill thermo is at. My advise would be to put a small hole right at the grill level you want to measure the temp at. Then put a digital thermometer probe through the hole and get true accurate readings at the grate level. :idea:

As far as cooking pork shoulder I would recommend at least 250F.

By the way, the marbling on the piece or porky goodnees on the right, in this pic, is one amazing piece of meat.:thumb:

Thanks!:cool:
It's all good M.....you Brethren have tought me well!:thumb:

Phu, you are a great asset to this forum and I appreciate your posts.
I have cooked many a pork shoulder but have not seem one as pretty as the one on the right. You call that a pork neck. Well, I think we need to retrain our butchers to get us some of those. That looks great!

I have always cooked at 220 in my BGE for 12-15 hours for a pork shoulder to get it done properly

OK, so I don't know the exact time difference between Indiana and the Netherlands, but I'm DYING to know what that thing looks like!

I've been wondering for 2 days now!!!

How's she doin?

They're done...come and get it while it's hot!:becky:
It took 15 hours.
I nibbled a piece that got stuck to the grate...that has become a tradition for me when I cook a porkneck.:cool:

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

Back