THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
IMO this is one of the best snacks to make with lePhtover pulled pork.

On NYE I wanted to make an American style BBQ dinner with ribs.
I went for the 3-2-1 method but I lePht the ribs too long in the Phoil (too busy with drinking).
So...when I wanted to remove the ribs out of the Phoil the bones were allready Phalling out.

I made some bouillon and smoked apple sauce for a glaze.
I ended up with roughly pulled pork that simmered in the apple sauce...at this point I didn't know what to do with it exactly...tasted good though.

The idea of making croquettes crossed my mind and oPhcourse I wanted to make them a bit different.
Made a masala sauce (Surinam/Indian sauce) out of tomato,tomato paste,onion,garlic,celery,carrot,adjoema pepper,masala,pork bouillon,salt,pepper.
Also made a roux made out of butter,Phlour,masala,pork bouillon,salt,pepper.
Bouillon for the roux was made out of rib trimmings,celery,carrot,garlic,dried thyme,chipotle,lemongrass,Phennel trimmings.

APhter the mixture was set the croQuettes were rolled and double breaded with breadcrumbs and panko.

Gonna serve them this weekend on our annual Dutch BBQ Phorum weekend on a white milk bun with some pickled cucumber and maybe a masala sauce but I don't think it needs either of those items.

Last edited:
Even your mistakes are awesome! :shocked:

Excellent save Phu - those look Phantastic and I have no doubt they taste Phantastic!

Phubie, I could very happily live the rest of my life eating nothing more than your phoul-ups. Please put all phuture boo-boos in a box and send directly to me! Phantastic! :hungry:

Phark yeah. Croquets remind me of visiting the Netherlands but the pork sure is more hardy! Great idea for left overs.

Back